cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publication prompt not keeping values

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We are on BI4.1 SP05 Patch 6 and Patch 7.

We are having issues with publication scheduling.

We have default values set for publication source documents; however, when re schedule or schedule a new job and try to modify prompts the prompt window comes with not default/last selected prmopt values.
This is working fine in BO3.1 SP6.

If we check the source documents directly (out of publication). they do stick the last selected/default prompt values.

Steps to reproduce:

-Create a publication with source document/s

-Specify default values for prompts and save publication

-Schedule the publication with whatever values you want

-Irresective publication succeds or fails, try to reschedule the publication job and go to prompt>modify. Last selected prompts (mandatory) are blank again.

-Try to create a new schedule and the last selected values or default values of prompt are again not seen.

Additional information:

-In our case these prompts are coming from Universe query filters of a UNV universe.

But in our testing, publication shows same behavior with report level query fiters selected as prompts and/or UNX based universe.

-Keep last values are selected in query properties of the source reports. It makes no difference.

This straight forwardly looks like a buggy behavior, but certainly possible that we missed configuring something.

BR,

PT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Perhaps this is the same issue described in the SAP notes: 2179010 and 2179944.

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Swapnil,

SAP Note 2179010 is certainly similar to our issue.

We have already checked on SP05 Patch 7, so 2179944 would not be accountable.

Also, one of my peers provided me 2198100, which is also somewhat similar to what we are encountering.

From my pint of view 2179010 is most similar to our issue.

BR,

PT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

We installed the BI4.1  SP7 . The specified problem was resolved once we installed the SP7 Product which was released by SAP on Jan 2016.

Now publication prompt keep it old selected values.

Thanks

Selvaraj. S