cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Jdbc receiver adapter: How to insert header/deatil records

0 Kudos

I have to design a SAP PI integration workflow SFTP to JDBC.

I receive a transaction with a header record and detail record (e.g. invoice). This transaction must be inserted into a database with a header and a detail table where the detail records refer to a technical header keyId.

I think this is a typical use case so that i can image that there is a simple solution for my probem.

Can somebody help me ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is not very clear to me.

Database can hold flat linear data i.e. no header and item level differentiation can be done.

You can use function use one as many function to repeat header information in each row with same header but different item level records.

Regards,

Suman

0 Kudos

the database structure is like

header table (e.g. invoice header):

technical primKeyinvoiceNoinvoice dateHeader 4
100100-20.200201.1.2015

detail table (e.g. invoice lines):

technical primKeyreferenece to header tablearticle quantity
100100A154
101100A24
102100A312

The technical key is a field which is set by the database. The field "reference to header table" is now my problem. After inserting the header I need to know which ID has been given by the database to my new record.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In my opinion you have two options:

1. To create a stored procedure to do all the inserts and to control inside the ID.

2. Do two scenarios. The sender system must control the the first scenario response to use the ID with the second scenario.

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Third option -

I believe you always have only one Header record.

Insert the header record from the mapping using the below approach

Then do a JDBC lookup to retrieve the technical primary key and pass the same to your item table.

to make it simple

Source -> Mapping( Insert into Header using a UDF) + ( JDBC lookup to retrieve TPK) -> Target (Item Table)