cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery on specific dates, MRP calculation PurReq

0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a situation, where the vendor is only delivering on a specific(s) day(s).

Let's take one material, where it is only possible for the vendor to deliver on Fridays,

I have a requirement for material XX on thursday 10.09, but the MRP calculates the PurReq to be delivered Friday 11.09.

This is not a good solution, because the material will arrive later than the requirement.

I would like to have the MRP calculation the PurReq to be delivered on 04.09, so that the Next week requirement is captured.

I have set up the material master with a Planning Cycle, where MRP calculates every day, but i then have another planning cycle for delivery, which is only set for Fridays. Furthermore i have set up a MRP type that uses MRP procedure "R" (please see attachment)

Lead time for material is 7 days

So let me try to illustrate

27.08.2015     --> Calculating MRP

10.09.2015     --> Requirement for material XX

11.09.2015     --> PurReq's delivery date is calculated

This illustrate the issue = the material will arrive one day after the requirement.

I would like that the PurReq's delivery date was calculated to 04.09.2015

27.08.2015     --> Calculating MRP

04.09.2015     --> PurReq's delivery date is calculated

10.09.2015     --> Requirement for material XX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

As an alternative you can create planning calendar (weekly starting on Friday and ending on Thursday next week) and use a similar lot size as PK with scheduling setting as '1' - period start as delivery date. You need to assign the planning calendar in MRP view and you can opt for PD MRP Type.

Please test this set and let us know if this satisfies your requirements.

BR,

Rajen

0 Kudos

Hi

How should i create the planning calender and should be maintained on MRP view 1 or 2?

I have created a planning calendar like below:

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You can define planning calendars in MD25 as you have already done.

Please make sure that the planning calendar definition is on a longer side - because it should cover all the MRP elements inside its validity (for example from 01.01.2001 to 01.01.2099 - system will automatically generate the periods). In MD27 there is a button to 'Display periods' - please validate the period definitions are matching your expectation - starting at Fridays and ending at next Thursdays.

You can assign planning calendar in MRP2 view (MARC-MRPPP).

Please make sure you use a lot sizing procedure similar to PK with the tweak in the Scheduling = '1' in OMI4 configuration.

Best Regards.

Rajen

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Please search for SCN documens about this topic. I'm quite sure that I've seen documents explaining how to use a planing calendar.

BR

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried, but I still get the same issue; Delivery is on the 11th, but the requirement is on the 10th, so the material is still late.I need the material to be delivered on the 4th (the Friday before the requirement)

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Do you have any delivery lead time constraint?

Best Regards.

Rajen

0 Kudos

Yes, I found that the delivery lead time was 10 days on the purchasing info record, but 7 on material master, why this conflicted.

When changing PIR it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

It feels good that you have checked the planning relevant data points and we have identified the root cause. But as friend suggested we need to search more before we put our queries straight-forward.

Thanks a lot for testing the scenarios and updating this thread.

Cheers!

Rajen

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

For delivery dates is it not the field 'Date Interpretation = 1' the right option than 'Scheduling = 1' which do not consider Goods Reciept time ?

Answers (0)