cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handover point after picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 3 deliveries to picked from different storage types. I have engaged multiple resources to pick and deliver to packing station. Before delivering at packing station I need to put to a intermediate bin.  There will be multiple such bins.

So the question is how can i associate a delivery to an intermediate-bin so that all the pickers picking for the respective delivery from various storage types, should be placing into the same bin and only if the delivery is same. If its different delivery another bin should be used to drop. From here i will transfer the picked items to a pack workcenter so that the packing can be done by bin.

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jörg_Michaelis
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me this sounds to layout oriented storage control, 2-step picking is not the right approach in my point of view.

I would go in the following way:

- enable process oriented rounting as you have pick and a seperate packing step

- have layout oriented routing to stop at an itermediate bin before you move to packing station

- in the storage type used for intermediate bins use the putaway rule "consolidation group" so the sysstem will guide the workers to bins of the same delivery / consolidation group

Regards

Jörg

former_member218198
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

LOSC can be tried to see if it is is applicable.... as your intermediate area is designed to have bins for each deliveries.

In case stock for multiple deliveries is not yet separated at intermediate area, you can consider to use 2-step picking...

BR,

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

you say "3 deliveries to be picked", but a delivery can have multiple products.

So please clarify wether you really want differentiation on delivery level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello karthik,

Please use the concept " 2step picking".

Regards,

Sudahcar