cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.28.2 - Connect to SAP BW is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People

I have updated my Lumira Desktop from 1.25 to 1.28.2 and the dataset option "Connect to SAP BW" is missing.

I know that in this version the BW connection is installed as a extension (so confuse), but I have already done that.

In the "Add new dataset" screen, only the option "Download from SAP Business Warehouse" is available.

It should look like that:

Does anyone know about it?

Best regards,

Emerson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is right - as of 1.27 or so only Download from BW is available - that is the BW extension

"Connect to SAP BW " is removed; if you want online BW connectivity use Design Studio.

So your installation appears to be correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

My colleague has the same Lumira version and he has the both option, download and connect.

Even so, I don't wanna believe they create the connection option and then removed it, why?

Regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My recollection is the other option is pretty limited - you only have the Visualize room - you don't have the "Prepare" Share or Compose rooms.

Download to BW works best as all the rooms are available.  For BW online features use Design Studio (per SAP)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emerson

You definitely want to be using the "Download from SAP Business Warehouse". The "Connect to SAP BW" was used prior to Lumira 1.27 and to get it back in 1.27, you have to do a Lumira ini configuration that has not been published. E.g., it is there as a just in case (for backward compatibility), but we do not want it to be used anymore, so it's well hidden. How you co-worker got wind of the ini modification needed may be something he can tell you...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Thanks for the information.

I have opened a ticket in SAP to check wich parameters of the ini file we have to changed and also asking why they removed the connection option.

Thankss,

Emerson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you get eny response from SAP?

Answers (0)