cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t allow “Withdrawn” ZMIN document if a successor document (ZMCR) is open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When changing ZMIN status from "In Process" to "Withdrawn", I want to ensure follow-on document(ZMCR) status is under "Rejected" before it gets saved.

In other words, Don’t allow “Withdrawn” ZMIN document if a successor document (ZMCR) is open unless it's "Rejected".

I made following configuration in the sequence listed below, however while Withdrawing ZMIN document it doesn't check status of ZMCR. Appreciate your help.

a).Specified Status attributes with Sequence for ZMIN as below.

E0001 After Generation 1 E0002 Starting Point 2 E0008 Completed 4 (Tried with 3 too) E0010 Withdrawn 3

b).Specified Required Status Values for Successor of ZMIN-E0010

ZMCR ZMCRHEAD E0003

Thanks,

Srini.Gudipati.

SolMan 7.1 sp11 on NW 7.0 EhP2 sp14.

Message was edited by: Srini Gudipati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try this with the SMIN document type.

The standard has got the configuration you want to put into place already configured.

Have you copied the SMIN customizing to ZMIN with the transaction type copy report?

Also, you need a PPF action for the status change, for the SOCM framework to be triggered.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Srini!

I had the similar requirement. I mad the same customizing and did not have the result.

So I created an OSS message.

SAP expert explained that this customizing would help only if we use PPF actions to change a status of an incident.

That is why we created customer check that run during an incident saving.

Hope it will help you.

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Appreciate in sharing. This kind of configuration worked very well
from ZMCR-->ZMIN where switch ZMIN status to "In Process" when ZMCR moves to "Authorized to Begin Work". However It's not working from ZMIN --> ZMCR.I am not sure if CM Framework supports ZMIN (IM).

Could you explain me in-detail how you overcome through this using PPF would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Srini.Gudipati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

the framework only supports the status change of a predecessor document (ZMIN) on change of the actual document (ZMCR), depending on the status of its successor documents (in your scenario, this and all other ZMCR under the ZMIN).

It does not support your requirement, the check of the status of successor documents (ZMCR) on status change of the actual document (ZMIN).

This can only be done by custom development (implementation of a customer ChaRM condition).

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini!

Yes, you are right, it works very well if we changed ZMIN status after changing ZMCR status.

But it does not work vice versa.

We implemented BAdI ORDER_SAVE and method CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE with necessary conditions.

Hope it will help!

Best regards,

Julia