cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to acees Opentext VIM Approval Portal due to Authorisation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using Opentext VIM approval portal component installed [7.0 SP6 ] on SAP NetWeaver Java 7.4 and the Ldap AD as the UME with the SPNego authentication Mechanism with the Authentication Stack as below

1)Evaluate Ticket Login Module     -- Sufficient

2)SPNego log in Module                -- Optional

3)Create Ticket log in module          -- Sufficient

4)Basic Password log in module     -- Required

5)Create Ticket login module           -- Required

and our back end system has VIM 7.0 SP5 Components.

and the Users in the UME AD domain has other domain users also replicated . the UME AD of Domain X has users from Y domain replicated .

according to Opentext the Domain column in the config tab of the ***/vimportal/admin page can hold 1 string[1 Single Domain value] and you cannot put multiple values in this field in anyway or you can leave it blank. It works fine if i enter X there and works fine for X Domain users but not for Y domain users and viceversa. and if i leave it blank it wont work for neither of them.

users are getting below error message while accessing the https://<j2ee-fqdn>:50001/vimportal

"You are not authorized to access this application."

Please let me know if any of you have faced similar issue and were able to resolve it in any way or let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have a single Domain then just input the Domain in the Domain field in the admin page then request the users to login with Domain\userid, this should work.

however in my case we had multiple domains so there is no way to enter multiple domains in that domain tab in the admin page. so we had to do little code changes in the backend ABAP Systems and left the domain entry blank in the admin page and this is how our issue got resolved.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Have you resolved this issue?

Even i am facing the similar issue with VIM 7.5 SP2 "you are not authorized to access this application"

If you have resolved it please share the solution here.

Your answer will be highly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Is your issue resolved, i am also facing same issue.

Regards,

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

Please try to open portal using fully qualified name.

Let me know issue is resolved or not?

Regards,

Akshay

former_member295352
Discoverer
0 Kudos

we have solved the 'You are not authorized to access this applucation'  issue by adding our windows account as windows id in ERP Transaction  /OPT/VIM_7CX1.