cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry WinCE 70.9.0.6 font size

0 Kudos

Hello,

after changing to WinCE Client 70.9.0.6. and the according Eclipse Plugin, the look of our application has changed completely. Now, almost all Fonts are to small, Barcode fields (which were yellow before) are now invisible etc.

Before I start changing all those things.. is this a known behaviour, having an also known way to deal with?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

Is this for your own custom Agentry application or for an out of the box Agentry application like Work Manager or Inventory Manager?

From what I know, there are different UI changes that may affect the different product due to the following:

For the Clients:

1) Standardization or Compliance testing

- Some releases (Products) are undergoing some UI color changes (Like it was blue then it will be gray now) or the fonts will change.

- My best guess here is due to SAP has a Global Product Standardization Compliance (In SAP it is known as PSC) that has to adhere to some certificates, security, UI guidelines that may affect the techniques of choosing color to support. For example: Some customers may ask if the product comply with or adhere to the color blind compliance guidelines. This may or may not influence the UI team to design a product that way with fonts.

- This is also true for the Agentry client.

2) Operating System changes - The Agentry client will normally pick up the OS changes like tint colors from different IOS OS versions. You may research why Apple changes the iPHONE tint colors from X to Y.  But Agentry iOS clients will pick it up as well especially when you upgrade your OS.  This is where you need to brand your iOS version and lock it in place.

Those 2 things are the items I can think off.

For the Editor:

Where did your version come from originally from what to 70.9.0.6?  In particular study the version of the editor that you came from to where you are going to. Hopefully you did not use a big Editor jump.

If you came from a big jump the editor was improved to have new look for the simulator or renderer for what your device looks like.

The best test is still to test it on the device itself.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for your answer!

I have found the problem, although I still don´t know how this happened.

I have installed the new Eclipse plugin and completely republished my application. After that, I faced the problem of the small fonts etc.

Then I realized that, comparing my application with the latest of our share, some application settings have changed, for example some settings regarding style and themes. Repairing this, our main issue is now solved. I am sure that before the Plugin update, there was no difference between my application and the share because I´ve checked that. Somewhere in this process the settings have changed by miracle

Kind regards

Christian

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully this shared knowledge can help other users.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer