Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category field greyed out

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I found some input field is greyed our specially Multi Category field, initially it was working but all of sudden it's greyed out.

If some one face this issue then please share the steps by which it can be resolved.

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Other than authorization change make sure the MLC is active for your transaction type.

This also happens if there is no active MLC for your transaction type

Kindly check

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Hi Pakhar,

What exactly do you mean with "MLC is active"?

Can maybe provide a screenshot?

Thanks

Sofie

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below link point 5.3 and 5.4

Multilevel Categorization - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

typically if the older version is expired and new version which is created is not yet active this happens

check the date and time for the new version/required version to be active with SYSTEM time.

this should helps

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Now I know what you mean with "MLC"

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anann /Prakhar

I have explicitly assigned mention authorization object but doe not help.

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Just like to add one point that I have enabled BRFPLUS to dispatch incidents based on SAP component to support team and created Organization root , OU and Position so is this happened due to that?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Can you confirm the transaction type you are using is actually in the present in the active MLC.

As per the screenshot, it shows all the standard ones and I am not sure if you are using standard or custom one.

In short 2 things

Date and time validity for active MLC

Transaction type (being use Z* etc) present in above.

Kindly check.

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

I am using YMIN and ZMCR transaction types.

I have not created any custom category schema.

Regards

Prakash

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

In that case, I can't notice your both YMIN and ZMCR transaction types in the mlc.

Please create a new version and assign your custom transaction types then only this will work(refer below)

Multilevel Categorization - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

this should resolves

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar

Yes that's the reason but I am not able figure it out that how could I add custom transaction type in standard category, so if you share exact step then it will be great help for me.

Regards

Prakash

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank Prakhar

It's resolved now, there was personalization issue due to that custom transaction type was not visible in category schema application area, after changing that technical name of transaction type is visible in Application area of category schema.

Regards

Prakash

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy to know it worked and resolve now.

Take care and revert back incase of any problem later

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Please check if there is any change in authorization.

To able to change categories following Authorizations need to be assigned to user.

I believe you have already referred following link.

If not check it

Regards

Anand