cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to implement Fill or Kill functionality in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP SD Experts,

I have gone through many discussions on the setup of FOK functionality in the sales order but none of them give a clear idea on the best practice adopted for this process. So I need advise and steps to achieve the fill or kill functionality in the sales document flow.

For just in time orders, my client needs to have fill or kill process so whatever stock (confirmed quantity) is available for the sales order items should be shipped to the customer on the same day and rest of the open quantities for the items should be cancelled / killed so that there shouldn't be any backorder for those items.

I was thinking on putting reason for rejection (via custom program) in the associated order line items after the confirmed quantities are shipped but this makes items to appear Fully rejected under the "Sales Order : Status Overview" so I am bit confused on this approach.

Please help to figure out the best solution for the same.

Thank you all in advance. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anubhav,

This is what you can do:

• Do ATP check which will confirm complete quantity or partial quantity for line item.
  • Once agreed with customer (Qty. & date) put "fixed date & qty" indicator on schedule line tab.
  • This will make sure that whatever you have is confirmed/shipped and rest is not available in backlog. There is no reason to put any custom program or any rejection reason. By thumb rule you can say that if you have this indicator in SO it was agreed between customer and your client.

Try and let me know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your inputs Rahul but our business scenario doesn't have much scope of manual intervention hence I am thinking on a solution which could automate this FOK functionality.

Scenario:

Customer will send an EDI 850 to the client's SAP system which will automatically create sales order. During the sales order creation, ATP check will confirm the line item based on the stock availability. Once the sales order is saved, an EDI 855 will be triggered from our client's SAP system for sales order confirmation / PO acknowledgement. Further whatever quantity gets confirmed (Complete/ Partial/ Zero confirmed quantity for line item) on the sales order creation date needs to be shipped on the same day to customer.

After this very first delivery for JIT order, all of the open order quantities needs to be cancelled / killed automatically so that there shouldn't be any further deliveries (backorders) created against our initial sales order.

I have tried to modify the field values for Partial deliveries per item (KNVV-KZTLF) and Max. partial deliveries (KNVV-ANTLF) for Ship-to party/Sold-to party but that is also not working.

Please suggest if there are any alternative solutions to this requirement.

Thank you so much.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anubhav,

With below scenario and setting mentioned in my previous post it should meet your requirement. I hope by now at least you must have checked the behavior of this setting in SO. If not I would first recommend you to check it and understand the process (manually - create SO, do ATP of less qty then requested, put this tick, save, create delivery & check your backlog report).

Scenario:

Customer will send an EDI 850 to the client's SAP system which will automatically create sales order. During the sales order creation, ATP check will confirm the line item based on the stock availability. Once the sales order is saved, an EDI 855 will be triggered from our client's SAP system for sales order confirmation / PO acknowledgement. Further whatever quantity gets confirmed (Complete/ Partial/ Zero confirmed quantity for line item) on the sales order creation date needs to be shipped on the same day to customer.

After this very first delivery for JIT order, all of the open order quantities needs to be cancelled / killed automatically so that there shouldn't be any further deliveries (backorders) created against our initial sales order.

Now in your process it's matter of putting the same in background after ATP check. Which means when you receive EDI & sales order is created you are already doing ATP. Once this is done (Complete/ Partial/ Zero confirmed quantity for line item) you need to set this indicator. For this first try with customizing setting:

SPRO - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements - Availability Check - Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning - Define Default Settings.

In above path under "Define Default Settings" set the "fixed date & qty" indicator for sales area.

Thereafter test with your EDI process in test environment. If still you are not able to meet the same then use some exit example "USEREXIT_AVAILABILITY_OUT (RV03VFZZ) and

EXIT_SAPLATPC_002 (ATP00001)" to put this indicator after ATP (check SAP note 1644443) or some other exit.

Your target should be to achieve this indicator after ATP which will meet your requirement.

Let us know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul