cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access 2007 UNX issue in DS 1.5 SP0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to access the data source based on a UNX universe on MS Access 2007 in DS 1.5 SP0 when I execute the application from BI Launchpad, no issues when executed in the local client. There is no issue with a SQL universe in local or Launchpad.

Cannot load InfoProvider "DSL/<Universe CUID>" (data provider "DS_1": Exception occurred during creation)

I have tried a solution to adjust the configuration of APS hosting the Analysis Application Service to add the command line for Connection server, it did not fix the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

did you make sure that

(1) the ODBC is setup on the server ?

(2) the Access DB is accessible on the server ?

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for a prompt response. Yes, I have verified those steps. I am able to create a Webi Report and run it from BI Launchpad.

Cheers

Siva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jean_machado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to add or re-create the Services category in Analysis Services:

Analysis Application Services

DSL Bridge Services

Adaptive Connectivity Service

After enable and start the Server .

Hugs

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.ConnectionSolverException: Specified RDBMS is invalid : MS Access 2007

I see this error in the APS logs whenever I try to execute the DS application on Launchpad.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you take a look at the second note referenced by Victor in this thread to see if helps: UNX issue : Failed to initialize Query Panel (s... | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I have tried adding the command line for connection server in the APS hosting the Analysis application server. It did not help. Thank you for pointing out.

Cheers

Siva

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva - at this point, as long as it's a single source universe, and a .UNX and it is still not working (assuming you have installed the Design Studio BI Platform add-on) I would open an incident with SAP Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Tammy, I have installed the Add-on. All is well with the BW source and SQL DB. Having issues with only UNX on Microsoft Access 2007 and Microsoft Excel 2007. I have a ticket open with SAP..

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Is the issue resolved  ? We are running with same issue ,can you share your inputs .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a ticket open with SAP for about two months now Sateesh. The development team is investigating the issue. The latest I got is this "Please be advised we are investigating the issue internally, we have identified there is a zen.stop call method is called which is causing the problem but we are still trying to identify the reason why this method has been called."

"

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply . We'll also investigate and will post if we found anything interesting .