cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SQL Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to populate a UDF on a SAP service call automatically with a return despatch date.

Basically when an instrument is received in the creation date of the document I want to add 10 working days to this and put this in the UDF.

At the moment I can add 10 days but this also includes weekends and bank holidays.

Here is what I am using as my linked query at the moment:

SELECT min (T0.[U_Date]) FROM [dbo].[@VALIDDELDATES] T0 WHERE T0.[U_Date] >= dateadd(dd, 10, $[$71.0.date])

The above query is setup to add from the OSCL.createDate but does not work correctly returning an error:

Incorrect syntax near $71.0.date

Whereby VALIDDELDATES is a UDT with the following fields, Code, Name and U_Date.

I have added a number of dates eg that do not include bank holidays/weekends below is the format for the table

Code Name U_Date

10     10          13.08.15

11     11          14.08.15

12     12          17.08.15

SAP did seem to modify the code at one point to the following:

SELECT min (T0.[U_Date]) FROM [dbo].[@VALIDDELDATES] T0 WHERE T0.[U_Date] = dateadd(dd, 10, CONVERT(DATETIME, '20150817', 112))

Not sure why?

Regardless I was wondering where I had gone wrong.

Alternatively I though it might be easier to look up todays date against the relating code and then add 10 to the code and return the correspond U_Date but I am unsure on if this is possible/can be achieved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this query:

SELECT min (T0.[U_Date]) FROM [dbo].[@VALIDDELDATES] T0 WHERE T0.[U_Date] >= dateadd(dd, 10, $[$71.0.0])

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gents,

I could not get this to work on either updating the SELECT part or Bharathiraja's suggestion.

When you try a SELECT statement on its own nothing is returned however (as this is linked to OSCL) so perhaps a logic error here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It kind of sounds like you're trying to do this the hard way, by using a huge pool of valid dates, and trying to figure out whether or not your date is within that pool, and accounting for that.

You might have better luck by making your table a table of EXCLUSIONARY dates, dates that you don't want the dates to fall into, and then looping through and totaling the number of actual days that you need to add based on that. Here is some pseudo-code to think about as an example. Keep in mind that this is PSEUDO-code, just to get the wheels churning, you'll have to adopt this to your own project using your own code:

--Declare and initialize variables

DECLARE @InputDate DATETIME

DECLARE @iCount INTEGER

DECLARE @iLoop INTEGER

SET @InputDate = '08/31/2015'

--Loop through until we have added at least 10 days

WHILE iCount < 10

BEGIN

--Increment our date counter

SET @iLoop = @iLoop + 1

--Check to see if this date is in our "exclusionary" list

SELECT T0.[U_Date]

FROM [dbo].[@INVALIDDATES] T0

WHERE T0.[U_Date] = DATEADD(day, @iLoop, @InputDate)

--If we've not found a match in the "exclusionary" list, then add another day to our counter

IF @@ROWCOUNT <> 0 THEN

SET @iCount = @iCount + 1

--If we've gotten to the point where our count is finally greater than 10, check the date it falls on, and add in extra days as needed to get it to the next business day.

IF @iCount > 10 THEN

CASE SELECT datename(dw, @InputDate + @iLoop)

WHEN 'Saturday'

THEN RETURN DATEADD(day, 2 + @iLoop, @InputDate)

WHEN 'Sunday'

THEN RETURN DATEADD(day, 1 + @iLoop, @InputDate)

ELSE THEN RETURN DATEADD(day, @iLoop, @InputDate)

END

Just my two cents, but I hope this helps, this is how I would do it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

Use this query

DECLARE @Validcount int

SET @Validcount =(select count(d.u_date) from [@VALIDDELDATES] d where d.u_date>=$[OSCL.createdate.date]

and d.u_date<= dateadd(d,10,$[OSCL.createdate.date]) and datename (dw,d.u_date) not in ('Saturday','Sunday'))

SELECT dateadd(d,11+(DATEDIFF(wk, $[OSCL.createdate.date], DATEADD (d,10,$[OSCL.createdate.date] )) * 2)+@Validcount  ,$[OSCL.createdate.date])

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thank you for trying to answer my query : -).

I tried both of the above I get the following error message still sadly:

Incorrect syntax near '$%71.0.0'  and also:

Statement " (SWEI) (s) could not be prepared.

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, it is better u use "SELECT $[$71.0.0]" and see what you get, and then CONVERT function to convert to a proper date variable, like CONVERT(DATE, $[$71.0.0], 4), obviously, 4 is not the correct format here.

Frank

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that because the  $71.0.date has to be  $71.0.DATE

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this.

SELECT min (T0.[U_Date]) FROM [dbo].[@VALIDDELDATES] T0 WHERE T0.[U_Date] >= dateadd(dd, 10,    CONVERT(DATE, $[$71.0.0], 4))