cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL automatic Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to update the POWL overnight, and I processed the Report POWL_WLOAD with the following attributes:

POWL Type ID

Application

after checking immediately the POWL, I see that it has been updated, but unfortunately after checking the POWL after 24H, I always see that the

is there any possibility to make the report run ones overnight? and see in the POWL that it has been updatet without clicking on refresh button ?

ist it possible to set up an intervals for an automatic refresh ?

Appreciate any pointers on the above.

Regard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agadir,

Have you checked the note 1461713???

Also you can activate the automatic refresh of POWL from SPRO.

Please go through the refresh option section from the below wiki.

POWL - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

i cannot finde the following Parameters

REFERSHA=X

REFERSHQ=X

in the PFCG Tcode,

woulld you please show me how to activate automatic refresh from SPRO, am working in PLM project.

regards

Agad

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agadir,

You can add these two parameters at your portal iView level.

Go to your respective POWL iView and append these two parameters in the property of iView 'Application Parameters' as REFERSHA=X&REFERSHQ=X.

Also try to open your POWL component configuration from backend SE80 and enable the property 'refreshOnQuerySwitch'.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thank you again for the replay.

>>Go to your respective POWL iView and append these two parameters in the property of iView 'Application Parameters' as REFERSHA=X&REFERSHQ=X.<<

this ist not really clear for me, the POWL has been created with POWL-Easy, and has a standard POWL configuration.

do you mean I need to create a Custom configurattion? but I still dont know where to set both Parameters ?! would you please send me more information or link about the that subject?

thank you again for help.

Regards Agad

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agadir,

How are you accessing the POWL application..via portal or from backend????

If you use portal, just ask your portal consultant to append those two parameters in the application parameters of the POWL iview.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the access ist via NWBC,  I have to do everything on my own.

as I said before, i can not see the parameters in the PFCG, they muss been added firstly in the Application parameter, but only this step i need to know how to do it.

thank you vfery much.

regards Agad

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agadir,

You can try one of the following methods:

1. Create a batch job to update/refresh POWL at the given interval.

2. You can set the refresh method of the POWL query to each page visit/every query visit, which means that every time the query is visited, it will show refreshed data.

You can decide the course of action based on the amount of data to be processed, and the frequency of updates required vs performance on refreshing.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal