cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to print a purchase order everyone within my organization is receiving the following error message: Error occurred while accesing component property/method: ShowXmlViewerXI. A generic error occurred in GDI+, Error code 0x80020009 crystal/XmlViewer.p(5890).

Upon further investigation we were able to determine that this error code only pops up when we select barcodes to be printed on the purchase order.

What does the error code mean and how can i fix it. To be clear our purchase orders are a crystal report.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thank you for your help. Encompix thought that we needed to re-install the Barcode font. We did that on my computer and tried to print it through Encompix but it still was not working.

I then opened up the report in crystal reports and right clicked on the barcode and selected find in formulas. The formula mentioned barcoding so I thought there was nothing wrong there. I went back to my main report page right clicked on the barcode again and then selected change to barcode. I selected code 128, codeset B. I then tried printing it from Encompix and it worked. I did not create this report Encompix did using crystal reports and we have used it for years...so I don't know why selecting "change to barcode" made a difference. However now when I right click on the barcode and select find in formulas the formula makes not mention of barcode. But it still works. So we are all baffled as to what the issue was.

We then thought we would have to update the font on everyone's computer but once I saved the new purchase order report to our database it worked for everyone.

So again I am not sure what the issue was but at least it is fixed.

-Lenore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Thank you!

Don,

I see a SAP Crystal Reports 2013 SP5, SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .net Framework and Crystal Reports 2008 SP3.

-Lenore

0 Kudos

Hi Lenore,

It appears Microsoft has release a patch that breaks Barcode fonts.

See this post for more info and possible work around:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3790973

Don

PS - embed the field in a text object seems to work for this guy and I've asked DEV to see if there is anything we can do. You may want to report this to the makers of the Barcode font you are using also...

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lenore,

A couple of questions first: 

What version of Crystal Reports are you using? 

Are you running the Purchase Order from an application? 

What type of barcode is the Purchase Order using? 

If you are running the report from an application, does the report run in Crystal? 

Do other reports work? 

If you make a copy of the report and remove the barcode, does the report print? 

The error could be as simple as making sure the barcode font is installed on the application server. 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Brian,

I am using Crystal Reports 2013.

The software we use is Encompix

Not sure what you mean as to what type of barcode do we use...?

The purchase order is a crystal report linked to Encompix. The only way to edit the formatting of the report and fields is within crystal reports. However the purchase order is printed through Encompix. Other reports with barcoding are working. If I open up crystal reports and print from there it works. However if I print from Encompix it wont.

Yes, if I deselect the option to include bar codes the report will print. Currently we can export the po to an e-mail in pdf version and print from there. Which is what we are doing as a fix for now. Never had this problem in the past. This has been going on for 3 weeks now.

The problem could be with Encompix but they are taking forever to figure out what is wrong and I began to think the issue may be with crystal reports since the error code mentions crystal reports. However I could be completely wrong.

Only I and one other employee utilize crystal reports and are new to it.

-Lenore

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lenore,

The problem definitely sounds like something that Encompix would have to look at.  I suspect it does have something to do with how the barcodes are used in the report that is causing the issue but if you are unable to test outside the application then there would be no way for us to properly diagnose the cause. 

Seeing as you can export the PO with the barcode tells me the barcode font is installed and the report does work, just not when trying to print it.  I'm sorry to say the software vendor is the best place to get an answer. 

Good luck,

Brian

0 Kudos

Hi Lenore,

It could be that barcode font is possibly using a UFL to assist rendering the font also. May be a problem there...

Curious also, if you go into Programs and Features what do you see for SAP Crystal Report installed products?

It could be due to multiple versions of our runtime installed and conflicting with each other.

Don