cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning PF procurement type materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have MRP plan a project requirement that is setup in the project builder as PF procurement scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's PF? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

PF (Purchase Requisition Special Stock) is the procurement type found in config transaction OPS8

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PF will not create a reservation that can be seen by MRP because it defaults to Item Category N
(non-stock).  PF is used for direct procurement to a WBS.

To be visible to MRP it needs to be Item Category L (stock item)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood but in our system the item category was set up as L and not N. Also when I remove the check in the check box for PReq Network the system still creates a requisition immediately upon saving the project change. I guess my question should be; can procurement scenario PF (Purchase Requisition Special Stock) be set to function the same as PFS (reservation special stock) and be planned by MRP?

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With those settings it should work.  When you attach a component to a network activity the system asks what kind of reservation to create.  Make sure you select "Reservation for WBS" only.  This will create a reservation that MRP can act upon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought it should work too but we have customizing (ABAP) added by Siemens so the scenario defaults based in Item category on the Sales 1 tab in the material master. It can be manually changed but sometimes Purchase Requisition Special Stock is chosen. I'm sure that the customizing is the issue.

Thanks Ken!