Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

SOAP adapter is used on the sender side. Please let me know do I need to give WSDL for all the environments i.e. Dev / QA / PRD to the 3rd party as and when we progress in the landscape.

Also to share the details of WSDL, it can be taken only from Sender agreement or we can take the WSDL from any other componet and share it with 3rd party.  I have noticed the link below which 3rd party has already to make the call which has details as,

http://<host><port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:SenderParty:Communication channel name

But when I have downloaded the same from Sender agreement, its WSDL has following URL,

http://<host><port>//XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&amp;senderService=Service Name&amp;receiverParty=&amp;rec... value

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Please let me know do I need to give WSDL for all the environments i.e. Dev / QA / PRD to the 3rd party as and when we progress in the landscape.

As mentioned by Jannus, Not required. They just need to change the endpoint information i.e. replace host and port.

>>>But when I have downloaded the same from Sender agreement, its WSDL has following URL,

You can use either of them but SAP recommends to go with what is displayed in the wsdl from sender agreement.

Reference :

Configuring the Sender SOAP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<<<<< do I need to give WSDL for all the environments i.e. Dev / QA / PRD to the 3rd party as and when we progress in the landscape>>>>

Yes,You have to provide SOAP URL for all 3 environments.But in mapping you will use the same WSDL which was provided by 3rd party.

<<<<<Also to share the details of WSDL, it can be taken only from Sender agreement or we can take the WSDL from any other componet and share it with 3rd party>>>

Yes,You have to take the URL  from sender agreement itself.If you are using Single Stack,then you haveto take the SOAP URL from ICO.

You can use any of the link,both points to the same.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Yes,You have to provide SOAP URL for all 3 environments.But in mapping you will use the same WSDL which was provided by 3rd party.

Any reason for this???

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reponse.

Can you please let me know will this URL work as it has not been taken from the sender agreement,

http://<host><port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:SenderParty:Communication channel

Also user name and password which is used to login into SAP PI from 3rd part system for the SOAP scenario, Will that be part of query string of URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it will not work. You do not reference all the mandatory parameters in that string. For example where are you specifying the interface it should use?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Can you please let me know will this URL work as it has not been taken from the sender agreement,

It works perfectly. Did you check the SAP documentation that i shared? It confirms the same.

>>>Also user name and password which is used to login into SAP PI from 3rd part system for the SOAP scenario, Will that be part of query string of URL?

No. Not as query parameters.

Authentication information should be sent as part of HTTP header. To get more insight on how authentication works in SOAP adapter go through below blog.

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh for the above helpful link.

Is there any way I can see the complete details of SOAP which also includes http header where I can see password (even if it is encrypted its fine).

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Is there any way I can see the complete details of SOAP which also includes htt

Not sure but try XPI Inspector or TCP gatweay

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnaks Hareesh. TCP Gateway did the job.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know

You might want to close the thread as your issue has been addressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only have to give the wsdl once. But they will need to change the end point to your Dev, QA or PRD system. IP and Port should change.

I am assuming that nothing changes on the service interfaces or sender agreement etc.

Regards,

Jannus Botha