cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package with blue arrow icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to HANA and i have created a new calc view under existing package and some tables under already existing schema. I was successfully able to create these objects with no issues. But I see a blue arrow (attached screenshot) in the package icon after i have created the views and tables. What does this blue arrow on package means and why it appears after i do modifications to existing package.

I have activated the calc view and it working perfect but my concern is the blue arrow on the package. Am I missing anything after activating the calc view? Will it allowed to transport that view from dev to qa even the package has blue arrow? How to get rid off this blue arrow on package?

I tried searching for answers in existing threads but i am unable to find answers. Can someone help?

Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the blue arrow means that the package is imported aka that the source system of the package is different. You can check this in table "_SYS_REPO"."PACKAGE_CATALOG". All packages, with a value in column "SRC_SYSTEM" different to the name of the system on which you are, are displayed with the blue arrow.

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

Many thanks.. Yes now I see that I have a SRC_SYSTEM as dev system name when I browsed the table in QA.

Now again, my question is this blue arrow is not a concern while I move my package to other environments? Say If I now wanted to move this package to prod, will the src_sytem column in prod get updated with qa name? Will it not impact the existing ??

Please advice.

Thanks..

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

let us assume we have a development system D01, a test system T01 and a production system P01. Then following is valid in case you create a new package on D01 and transport it to T01 and P01.

D01T01P01
Source SystemD01D01D01
Blue Arrow AppearsNoYesYes

So as you see the source system will always be the system name of the development system (same as in ABAP by the way).

Normally you do not wanna change the source system in your transport landscape, but there is sometimes the need to do it. For example if you change your development system. If you go on a new development system, e.g. D02, it is necessary that all objects imported from D01 get the source system D02. This is necessary to be able to change the objects and to be able to transport them. You can do the change of course by a little hack, or the easier way, you set an alias system when you export the delivery unit from your original development system. So if you export your delivery units from D01, set as alias system D02. During the import of the delivery unit to D02, the source system is then changed to D02.

Best Regards,

Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you have created your calculation view under standard package (like sap, ui5 ) which will be in content folder by default. Try creating a new package under content folder and check the same.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you for the response. But the package is not the standard by default. It is an already existing package created for our projects which has many other views created. I am just adding another calc view to the existing package.

Thanks...