Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent delivery-based billing if sales order item is incomplete

rico_berg2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear fellow experts,

I would really appreciate if someone could give me a hint where my scenario is going wrong. I am (still) unsuccessfully trying to configure the following scenario:

When only one item in a sales order is incomplete, according to the procedure I have configured, the delivery-based invoice cannot be generated. The delivery is immediate upon SO creation and GR can be done but additional accounting information in the SO item has to be complete for all items before the delivery can be billed.

I followed the configuration guide to the T but no joy. Could it have something to do with the fact that the field for the incompletion procedure is a non-standard field under Additional data B (ZZFIPOS)?

Just a general question, is it possible in SAP standard to prevent delivery-based billing for incomplete sales order items?

Thanks much

RFB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rico_berg2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. I found the solution in the meantime. I changed the copy routine on item level (delivery to invoice) to '4' (delivery item copy) which works for my scenario. Since my ABAP skills are very rudimentary I don't know what makes the difference to '2' (order item copy). It seems counterintuitive to me since the Additional data B tab only exists in the SO and is not copied into the delivery. In fact, I have a hard time understanding how the whole incompletion procedure was designed and why the copy routines play a role in this.

Anyway, I hope this may help someone else in a similar situation, ie. if you need to prevent delivery-based billing for incomplete sales order items.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the goods issue status of the delivery which should not be 'A' or 'B'.  Only if the goods issue status is 'C' or blank, the delivery gets stored in VKDFS and whatever data is stored in VKDFS table can only be billed

G. Lakshmipathi