Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start date of Project definition / Network shall be in Past

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Friends,

As in subject line, We are trying to set-up a Project with Start date in Past (Ex. to be in Jun-2015). However, I am Unable to change Project Start date: (to a Past date).

Network Scheduling type: Backwards; Scheduling scenario: Strict Bottom-up @ Project Definition level.

For WBS-1 which has Network .01 with 3-activities ending on let's say 10/25/2015. Finish date given in Network header so that the relevant Activity dates are calculated.

Act.1              27

Act.2              46

Act.3              63

When Scheduled and withing CJ20N screen, the Network header displays the scheduled Start in Past (based on Activity duration) & Finish date as entered 10/25/2015 . But, when I click on Save & Re-open the project, System automatically sets the Network Start date to Current system date on Network Header & determines a Finish date based on Activity 0010- 0030 duration, IF Scheduling carried out results in a Past Start-date. IF the duration of Activities is reduced such that Activity 0010 has Start date beyond Today's date: 26-Aug-15 for example, Network header dates are updated & carried way up-to the Project definition the way it's supposed to be.

For WBS-2 which has Network .02 with activities ending on let's say 12/20/2015

Act.1                33

Act.2                41

Act.3                   25    

System calculates the dates and Network header updated with scheduled dates (as Act.1 has Scheduled Start date beyond Today's date & Finish is after Today's date).

Q: How can I achieve the system to store the Network header dates even when Schedule start goes to Past date from Current system date, so that the Project Start date is also updated to a Past date?.

-Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Please check your below settings,

1. Specify Parameters for Network Scheduling (TC. OPU6)

A)  Select your order type

B)  Give Start in the Past value as "999" and save.

2. Define Parameters for WBS Scheduling

A) select your WBS scheduling profile 

B) Give Start in the Past value as "999" and save

~With regards,

Dnyaneshwar

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Yea, I figured it out.. thanks anyways.

Answers (0)