cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publication using multiple values in the dynamic user list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to schedule a publication using the dynamic user list. We have webi report which has the object for "Marketing Fare Basis" and dynamic user list also contains the same field.

We have successfully scheduled this publication for the dynamic users, however we have found that when we specify multiple fare basis for any particular user in the dynamic user list then it does not work.

Following is the dynamic list we have used which did not work.

Marketing Fare BasisEmail
RACPabc@xxxxxxxx.com
RTBE;BTWE;UTAExyz@xxxxxxxx.com
BJGN;RJGNpqr@xxxxxxxx.com

This publication has successfully delivered the report to user abc, however it failed to deliver to the users xyz and pqr.

Source document has the prompt for marketing fare basis and specifying multiple values while viewing this report works fine.

We have found that publication does not work when we specify multiple marketing fare basis in the dynamic user list as RTSBAE;BTSBAE;UTSBAE(using the semicolon).

If we specify these marketing fare basis values line by line in the dynamic user list then it works fine. We have used the following dynamic user list which has worked fine.

Marketing Fare BasisEmail
RACPabc@xxxxxxxx.com
RTBExyz@xxxxxxxx.com
BTWExyz@xxxxxxxx.com
UTAExyz@xxxxxxxx.com
BJGNpqr@xxxxxxxx.com
RJGNpqr@xxxxxxxx.com

Later we have found one more problem that the above successful publication has actually sent the PDF files for all of the fare basis individually i.e. it has sent 3 PDF files to xyz user and 2 PDF files to pqr user.

Whereas it should have sent only 1 PDF file to each of these users i.e. 1 PDF file to abc user for the "RACP" marketing fare basis, 1 PDF file to xyz user for RTBE,BTWE,UTAE and 1 PDF file to pqr user for BJGN,RJGN.

So our observation is, It simply did not merge the data into a single PDF file. We had selected the merge option while scheduling this publication.

I would like to know whether anyone has faced the same issue with the publication or not and whether we have any option to merge the data into a single PDF file for the multiple marketing fare basis using the dynamic user list. Can we use , or ; to specify multiple values in the dynamic user list?

Appreciate all your help.

~SwapnilY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally I have resolved this by mapping a group object in the dynamic user list and in a source document, hence marking this as resolved.

~SwapnilY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I recently encountered this problem, its great to hear you found the solution but I didnt understand what do you mean by "by mapping a group object in the dynamic user list and in a source document"

what do you mean by group object here?

regards, rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This is how our first dynamic user list was, which did not work for us.

Email

Marketing Fare Basis

Swapnil.Yavalkar@xxxx.com

BJAGN

Rahul.Verma@xxxx.com

RJAGN

REFAF

Rahul.Verma@xxxx.com

REFSU

Our source document has an object for Marketing Fare Basis. We wanted to apply personalization based on this Marketing Fare Basis. Using the list above it has sent multiple PDF files for the duplicate entries of email IDs. E.g. Swapnil and Rahul both would get 2 separate PDF files for the 2 Marketing Fare Basis.

So we have created a new dynamic user list as below.

Group

Email

Marketing Fare Basis

Swapnil Yavalkar

BJAGN

Rahul Verma

Rahul.Verma@xxxx.com

RJAGN

Swapnil Yavalkar

REFAF

Rahul Verma

Rahul.Verma@xxxx.com

REFSU

Later we have added a new query in the source document based on the above dynamic user list and merged the Marketing Fare Basis object of above dynamic user list with the same object of source document as below.

In the publication, we have specified "Group" as "Recipient Identifier" and Personalized it based on the Marketing Fare Basis. Please refer the screenshots below.

Dynamic Recipient Field:

Personalization:

Advance Options Of Publication:

This way publication has sent a merged single PDF file for the multiple fare basis to all the users based on their personlization criteria. So Swapnil and Rahul both would get a single PDF file for their 2 Marketing Fare Basis.

I tried to explain this in the best possible way.

Hope this helps.

~SwapnilY

Message was edited by: Swapnil Yavalkar

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is now clear to me, thanks Swapnil, it indeed helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Problem Rahul

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,  I tried with the BEx as a data source but it is not functioning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Well, that shouldn't matter at all. Source document will only be used for fetching the data for all the users based on the options selected in the advance options of publication.

Once it has the data, it will publish the reports based on the personalization to the dynamic users.

~SwapnilY

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yeah I know the source shouldn't matter.  But I just wanted to inform you the result.  I will check again and may be post back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We have tested this on BO3.1 and our report was WEBI(unv) based on oracle DB.

Thanks for sharing the results

~SwapnilY

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are hard coding the values in publciation? Did you create a personalization profiles?

All the columns in the source and destination reports and you map those fields in publication.

What is your version of BO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Thank you for your inputs.

Yes we have used the personalization in the publication, however we did not create any personalization profile since we are using dynamic recipients not enterprise.

We have mapped the fields in the publication. It is actually not merging the data into a single PDF file for the multiple values so we need to know whether there is any other option by which we can achieve the data merging. Publication should send a single PDF file to the user if we use multiple values for that user by merging the data.

E.g. abc@xxxxx.com user should get a single PDF file for the values RTBE,BTWE,UTAE not 3 separate PDF files for these values.

We are trying this on BO3.1.

~SwapnilY