cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable Parallel Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried to limit the parallel processes before that SAP Predictive Analytics creates in background of the Oracle Database when building models. I have limited the parallel process from db side by restricting the spesific database user which SAP Predictive Analytics uses when connecting via ODBC.

I know that parallel process is enabled by default in SAP Predictive Analytics. Now even though I have deleted all the configurations from

KJWizard.cfg

KxCORBA.cfg

files. There is only one process is active on database. I can't enable parallel process.

I have changed the configurations and restarted Automated Analytics service and also restarted Windows server. Is there a point that I could be missing ?

I really grateful for any comments,

Regards,

Onur Timur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abdel_dadouche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Onur,

Can you clarify a little mode the context?

I will assume that you are using Automated Analytics.

There are two steps when data are accessed from your database:

- learning: the data is retrieved and cached in the data cache

- apply: when scoring there are two options:

- in database scoring: the scoring SQL is send for execution to the database (no data movement

- the data is retrieved, scored row by row in the Automated Analytics process then sent back to the database

Can you tell me which case you are in?

There several options in Automated Analytics that relates to parallel execution on Oracle.

The first one relates to the way we create tables which can be enabled using the following config as an example:

ODBCStoreSQLMapper.MyODBCDSN.OracleParallelClause=PARALLEL(DEGREE 4 INSTANCES 2)

Now if you are refering to SQL execution only you can alter the session to force parallel execution using:

ODBCStoreSQLMapper.MyODBCDSN.SQLOnConnect1="ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DDL PARALLEL 5"

These changes doesn't requires the Automated Analytics to be restarted, but just the current session.

Regards

@bdel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdel,

Thank you very much for your help the below statement is fixed my problem,

ODBCStoreSQLMapper.MyODBCDSN.SQLOnConnect1="ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DDL PARALLEL 5"

Regards,

abdel_dadouche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome!!

@bdel

Answers (0)