cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing/Exclusion (VB01/VB02) Change Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

Listing and Exclusion functionality is provided to be able to maintain customer specific Product Listing for inclusion(i.e. can be ordered) or for exclusion (i.e. cannot be ordered) 

Although the product listing/exclusion related data is highly sensitive in nature, Standard SAP functionality DOES NOT PROVIDE CHANGE LOGS/HISTORY FOR Listing/Exclusion Condition Record Creation, Changes and Deletion.

*Note 842773 also does not provide concrete explanation.

I would like to know how this can be achieved( i.e. what will be the best way according to you)

Thank you,

Regards

A$HI$H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members

Thank you for replying,

I guess there will be some way to do it, I can't agree that it can't be done. Please check the below link

Listing and Exclusion Change History Functionality in SAP

Here is the reply from SAP--->

The standard SAP system does not generate change logs for Material listing/exclusion and Material Determination conditions. As it is written in SAP Note 842773. The standard system does not generate change logs/records for all condition records. Technically speaking, not all changes are recorded the in tables CDHDR/CDPOS. Otherwise, they would suddenly become too big to operate normally. There are no plans to change this standard behavior in the near future. A field will be included in the change log depending on the settings of the respective data element. The relevant condition table for material determination is D000, for material listing/exclusion G000. Using transaction SE11 you can see the data elements used in this table. Please notice, that flag 'change document' in tab 'further characteristics' of data element 'KSCHG' is deactivated. As a result, the system does not generate change logs/records for such conditions. SAP does not recommend changing this kind of settings since this could jeopardize the system performance. Anyway, the standard online SAP Netweaver documentation contains a detailed, step-by-step description of how to switch-on the Change document functionality via a new Change Document Object. You can find it at the 'BC Extended Applications Function Library' in the 'Change documents' sub library. Hopefully, the provided information can help you to make your final decision about the implementation.

Thank you,

Regards

A$HI$H

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 SAP does not recommend changing this kind of settings since this could jeopardize the system performance

Just go through the above SAP's comments.  They have very clearly stated that it could jeoparadize your system performance and after that only, they have provided an alternate solution.  This means, at the first instance, it is not recommended to go for a customization and still if you want, you can follow the SAP explanation but you have to face the consequence.  Better before implementing, consult with a Security Expert.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for explaining me,  but have you gone through mine link...?. And I am looking for some alternatives without disturbing SAP standard, like making a table which will record any changes made to VB01/02, I guess something like this can be achieved easily, if you can share some expert knowledge on this it will surely help me and others.

Thank you,

Regards

A$HI$H

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It can't be done. You can raise your requirement to SAP and may be SAP add this feature in next release.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can´t be achieved as note explains. Best restrict changes via authorizations.

Regards,

JM.