cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Issue "An internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting error message called "An internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)" in BI Launchpad

Actually my data source is DB2, Able to created universe and able to create report using WEB I Rich client evrrything is working fine till this point.

I have exported this report to repository and then I am trying to opent the report in BI Launchpad then surprisingly I am getting the issue.

Tried both Unv and Unx, it will work in Rich Client however not able to refresh the report / schedule the report in BI Lauchpad. We are using BO 4.1 SP4.

is this a bug with the product? SAP has suggested any workaorund? we have already raised OSS, waiting for the solution............

Please Suggest if any one has solution for this.

Thanks!

Somasekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somasekhara,

I am facing the same issue on BI 4.1 SP5 P1 with webi reports.

The issue occurs through BILaunchpad only and not the webi rich client.

Have you found the resolution for this issue?

Regards

Navjot Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am guessing it could be mostly with the difference of Prompts or the variables  created in both the environments ...

When you say the report is running fine in Rich client ... check if are not running the local copy saved in your favorites but the actual report from the repository.

Regards,

Vinay Raja 

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Restarting BO services should help resolve the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've probably changed something that the query doesn't like. If you can remember what you've changed, see what's in the query and compare the before and after of them. Typically it's things like data types, so the best place to look is your query conditions first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Original Universe is UNX, then i tried from scrach creation of universe in UNV format.

Both Unx/Unv are working fine in WEBI Rich Client.

Getting issue in BI Launchpad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant checking what objects have changed. If something has changed data type in the database then it may fail in the report level in Launchpad due to cached SQL.

arvind_shukla4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

Please check KBA Note 1372877 . I think this will help you.

Thanks

Arvind Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind -  not able to open the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somasekhar,

does it happen to all of your reports or single report?

have you tired reexporting the report back to repository using the Rich client?

Please have a look at the below link it will help you understand the error 30270 in much better way as its very generic in nature

Approaches to Error WIS 30270 troubleshooting - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Harshad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Harshad.

does it happen to all of your reports or single report?

-No it is happening for couple of reports which are based on single universe pointing to DB2

have you tired reexporting the report back to repository using the Rich client?

-I have tried this, but no luck

Will take a look at the link that you have provided and will let you know the status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somasekhara,

Can you try reexporting the universe back to repository. Just import the universe in the designer and export it back

Regards,

Harshad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't fix the error because you've still got something different from the state of the universe when the query was originally built.