cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem at using calculated percentages within a hierarchy at crosstabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

i am currently facing the problem of margins not being shown/calculated properly in crosstabs when embedded in a hierarchy. Thus, i would be really glad if anyone of you would be able to help me.

Framework:

• The Data Source is a BO Universe
  • Design Studio Version: 14.0.3

Screenshot:

Problem description:

As can be seen in the screenshot above, the last column shows a calculated margin in percent. This margin is only calculated properly for the lowest dimension of the hierarchy (which is POS 02 - POS 03 - POS 04). The column second to the last is showing absolute values of the margin which are calculated correctly throughout the hierarchy.

At the last column i only get valid values for the margin of the lowest dimension within the hierarchy (called POS 04 in this case), values for higher dimensions in the hierarchy (e.g. POS 03 or POS 02) only return NOT_EXIST instead of the accumulated value. I think this problem occurs because Design Studio must be able to calculate the margin for a higher hierarchy based on the accumulated values of the underlying hierarchy. Hence, values for the margin calclation of a higher dimension have to be based on values which have to be calculated via Design Studio or the Universe in the background.

One thing that makes me curious about this issue is that we do not face this problem with BO Web Intelligence Reports. We already use this calculated margin measure at some reports which did not raise this hierarchy percentage issue. Moreover, the mentioned reports are using the same BO universe and query as a data source!

Does anyone know how to solve this issue or does anybody face the same problem?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!!

BR,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

could you check in the Universe if these are "database delegated" measures ?

thanks

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

thanks a lot for your hint on the delegated measure setting in the universe!

I checked the universe and it says that the viewing of the measure is delegated. Unfortunately, it seems like that should not be the solution for the issue.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

what you mean with "not the solution for the issue" ?

I don't think that "delegated" is supported with Design Studio yet.

You could try it and perhaps create a copy of the measure and set to a different aggregation / projection to see if the subtotals would show up.

regards

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

> what you mean with "not the solution for the issue" ?

>>What i meant is that i thought that "delegation" should be the right configuration as there is only "min", "max", "sum", "average", "none" and "quantity" left. We already tried to set the aggregation/projection to "sum" and we were able to see some margin values instead of the NOT_EXIST. These values were calculated via a sum aggregation as expected. However, using sum, min, max etc. at margins leads to invalid values. For example, margins of 5% and 10% at the lowest level can't be summarized to 15% at the level above.

Anyway, thanks for the hint that Design Studio doesn't support delegation yet! I will have a look at "none" and "quantity" at the aggregation/projection because other remaining configurations (min, max, sum, avg) seem to be not suitable for my need (as already explained above).

BR,

Markus

JamesRedman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Can you let me know if you find an answer to this. I have hit a dead end as well without the ability to support delegated measures.

Cheers,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

we don't have an answer to this problem yet. In the meantime i discovered that there is already an idea under review concerning the total calculation of margins in crosstabs - see total of calculated measures : View Idea

Unfortunately, it seems like there is no proper solution for this problem available. Hopefully we will find a workaround soon. Without the correct calculation of total margins in percent our whole dashboard would become useless!

I don't get it why this is not supported in Design Studio yet as this must be a basic need for nearly everyone in a dashboard.

BR,

Markus

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I would suggest you open a OSS message with the SAP support. In the official documentation there is no statement that database delegated is not support - at least I couldn't find any obvious statement.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Did you find any solution/workaround to this issue. This is indeed a big blocker for our delivery.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello markus,

Did you fin any solution to the above issue? We are also facing the same issue and it is a big blocker for our delivery.

Can you suggest any workaround that worked for you?

Thanks,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are still working on this issue as it is also a blocker for our dashboard. I will keep you updated, if we are able to find a solution (hopefully)

BR,

Markus