cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast not getting overwritten instead getting added

Former Member
0 Kudos

When forecast is released from DP to SNP it should overwrite the previous forecast but instead it is getting added each time the forecast is released.So it is showing huge forecast in SNP PB.

Forecast is getting released by program RTSOUTPUT.

I checked the job which releases this forecast and checked the variant to verify that add forecast tab was unchecked and it was unchecked.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your response.

I selected particular material and deleted its forecast.Then i again released the forecast (/n/sapapo/MC90) for that material but now:

1) The forecast released in SNP was not matching exactly with what is there in DP.There are no conditions maintained while releasing the forecast.

2) I also tried releasing the forecast for that material from DP but values didn't get doubled they remained same.

Could you please advice on the above two issue.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankit,

What do you mean by the one one mentioned in bold? Are you using consumption group etc. while releasing? Check the horizon for which you are releasing and buckets in SNP. Are you checking in planning book or RRP3?

1) The forecast released in SNP was not matching exactly with what is there in DP.There are no conditions maintained while releasing the forecast.

What do you mean by this? Did this resolved your double counting issue?

2) I also tried releasing the forecast for that material from DP but values didn't get doubled they remained same.

Share some screen shots for the issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Regarding the queries,

1) There are no conditions maintained while releasing the forecast.

I mean that when the forecast is released from DP to SNP both should be matching but here the values are different in DP and SNP.

2) What do you mean by this? Did this resolved your double counting issue?

Yeah.When i released the forecast the values didn't got doubled.But i noticed the above issue i.e value in DP and SNP did not match.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ANkit,

You didn't mentioned where are you checking your forecast in SNP planning book or RRP3? If in SNP planning book, check the buckets for this planning book and compare the same with DP planning book.

I hope when you are doing a total in DP & SNP you are just considering future buckets but not past (considering from when you have released).

Also check whether it is getting consumed because of sales orders?

And share screen shots if not resolved.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Make sure the "ADD DATA" check box in "Target" section of /sapapo/mc90 or report /SAPAPO/RTSOUTPUT_FCST is not checked.

If you're running in background through mass processing job then in release profile make sure "CREATE NEW ORDERS" should not be checked on your Activity for the job.

If you dont have the above setting then try updating it and check the result.

If you've already have these settings maintained., Then go ahead with EXPERT Rahul's advice.

Make sure you delete the forecast with /sapapo/md74 as it deletes only the unconsumed forecast ( non ATP allocated)

But /sapapo/rlcdel will delete all the forecast even the consumed one. But this is better in performance.

Regards

Vinoth

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Try to do this:

• Take one material which has an issue.
  • Delete the forecast for this material from SNP.
  • Then release the forecast through /SAPAPO/MC90 for this material.
  • Check the numbers.
  • Thereafter release once again from the same and check results. Let us know if it doubles your forecast.
  • If above works try to create a release profile in /SAPAPO/MC8S, create an activity for the same in /SAPAPO/MC8T and finally a background job /SAPAPO/MC8D. Execute this in background and check results.

Let us know the outcome of above in foreground and background.

Also let us know what is the setting maintained in /SAPAPO/MVM for "local time zone"? Is it selected?

Regards

Rahul