cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct data connection?

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a data connection to capture the information from spool files into the dashboard, however not sure which is the most suitable data connection to be used for this type is of file (HTM)? Wondering whether XML is the correct one to be chosen? Any suggestion? I am adding one of the files to show how is its structure.

C:\Users\AUbarbosgu\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\3XP5T34E\Job KR_TRK1_PD_D_DELTA_REPORTS Step 1.htm

Regards,

Gilly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guilherme,

Little new to me but what I can help you with is the possible data connections available in SAP Dashboards.

You may create a connection based on a web service, an excel file, an XML file, an XML map and creating a metadata layer which is also called as Universe.

As I see that you have mentioned XML data connection, it may work in your case as long as your file is in XML format or you convert your file to XML format.

An XML file can be accessed via application server so whatever data you have in the file would be shown on the dashboard.

What you can do at the moment is to check if you could over that HTM file to XML or excel format.

HTM is something we can not use in Xcelsius/Dashboards as far as I know.

Do post back if you need any help.

Regards,

Tejas Tamhane