Did you mean: 

Receiver IDoc_AAE Channel configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In receiver IDoc_AAE channel configuration, we have 2 check boxes:

-Packaging Required

-Queue Processing

I was not able find any help in any blogs. I want to understand the usage of above check boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

My few cents:

>>>Packaging Required

1. If you want to compile multiple IDoc XML of the same message type/IDoc type/CIM type into one IDoc, in the Outbound Message Settings section, select Packaging Required and enter the Package Size to specify the maximum number of IDoc XMLs to be put into an IDoc. It is also possible to specify the packaging timeout and packaging memory size in the channel configuration via the properties Package Wait Time (milliseconds) and Package Memory (bytes). See SAP Note 1973427 Information published on SAP site.

Refer: Configuring Communication Channel for a Receiver IDoc Adapter (AAE) - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP ...

>>>Queue Processing --> Applicable in case of EOIO messages

If function module IDOC_INBOUND_IN_QUEUEis to be used, choose Queue Processing.

The function module is used for IDocs that are serialized by queues (quality of service is EOIO). This module is only available in AS 6.40 and higher.

If it is not available, the function module IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS is called.

The indicator only takes effect in SAP systems Releases 4.0 and higher.

Calls for the queue processing function module are placed in the qRFC queue.

Refer: Configuring the Receiver IDoc Adapter - Configuring the IDoc Adapter - SAP Library

Hope it helps

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I have few questions:

1. So if packaging is enabled, it will club n idocs-xml into 1 idoc and post it to R3 system.

We have a scenario webservice to IDOC. webservice messages are received in PI in milli second interval. Message(IDocs) successfully flows to R3. But, preceding IDocs are not posted in R3 with an error RFC_USER is locked.

Having the packaging option enabled will it solve the issue ?

Kindly help.

2) For Queue processing, If a message fails due to some mapping reasons other message coming after that will go to hold state ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajit

--> Try creating RFC_USER as communication user and do configure.

--> Hence you receiving the IDoc from WS on ms based, so you can do IDoc packaging in ID config.

--> EOIO will process one file once and second file next and so on. Its like FIFO. So if any file gets failed, upcoming files in same queue goes to waiting state and you need to release the first file and process further.

Regards

Amarnath..

Answers (0)