cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cCTS and Import into Sandbox

jeron_sanders2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am working on setting up a PoC for ChaRM and am running into an issue. Our current process involves developing in our DEV system, ToC into a sandbox for Unit testing, then moving to QA for Integration testing. We would really like to be able to use the import to sandbox option, but we have two issues.

First, when setting up the Project in solar_project_admin, I am unable to assign my sandbox cluster to my sandbox systems (they are assigned in szenconfig) because it says there is no transport route. I have done everything I can think of to create the transport route and none of them are being recognized.

Second, when trying to use the "Import to Sandbox" option in the Change Document, it allows me to select the QA system, but when I hit ok, it just says "cCTS not support transports of copies into sandbox systems".

Has anyone been able to get this to work? Or is there any way I could customize this to make it work with cCTS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you have your logical component setup for this track?

Also how are domains handled for STMS?

jeron_sanders2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Let me better explain my PoC Landscape.

I have 2 application landscapes set up, an SCM SPP landscape and a CRM landscape.

Each landscape has the following set up. with the addition of the sandbox. The clusters are set up according to the below as well, along with a separate SBX cluster.

STMS setup has two domain controllers in each application landscape, with D1 being the domain controller for D1, Q1, PP, and SBX, and PRD being the domain controller for PRD and PF.

All of these domains have domain links with the solution manager domain controller, which contains all of the clusters and the cluster routes.

As for the logical components:

I have 2 logical components for each of the landscapes.

The first contains:

D1 (Development System)

Q1 (Integration Test)

PP (Pre-Production)

PF (Quality Assurance)

PRD (Production)

S1 (Sandbox)

The second would be for changes starting in the Production Fix environment (PF):

PF (Development System)

PRD (Production)

D1 (Retrofit System)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets also use this as a reference - How to work with ChaRM projects with cCTS functionality activated - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

In SolMan's stms do you have the cCTS clusters setup with a route?  Do you have import targets on the clusters?

Does your task list within the project also look like the one on that wiki page with the cluster groups?

jeron_sanders2
Explorer
0 Kudos

All the clusters are visible in STMS in Solman with routes and import targets. And the cluster imports are visible in the task list. I have been able to move changes through all of the systems using the cluster imports, retrofits, etc, it's just the import into sandbox that is not working correctly.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you setup a test logical component and set the Sbx systems as the QA system (put something in the Prd system just for a 3 system setup) and create a test TR?

jeron_sanders2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was able to import into the sandbox when it was not in the sandbox position. I have also been able to get the ToC to go to both QA and SBX when I set the clusters up in a transport group.