cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN Java Stack won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All. My Java Stack on my Solution Manager 7.1 won't start.

No changes have been made (to my knowledge).

In the MMC, I see yellow light, with the 'J2EE status info unavailable'.

The directory: D:\usr\sap\SMP\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0 is not evening updating from Start attempts.

My Work directory trace files only give me the generic:

[Thr 14028] JHVM_RegisterNatives: com.sap.bc.krn.perf.PerfTimes

[Thr 4488] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = 66)

[Thr 4488] **********************************************************************

[Thr 4488] *** ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.

[Thr 4488] *** Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'

[Thr 4488] *** for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 4488] **********************************************************************

[Thr 4488] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = 66)

Which has not been helpful.

When I try to connect to the Configtool, I get:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while conn
ecting to DB.
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnection
Pool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:384)
Pool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:132)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceH
andler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init
>(ConfigurationCache.java:150)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBoots
trapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:214)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBoots
trapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:46)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool.loadClusterData(ConfigToo
l.java:153)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool.initScan(ConfigTool.java:
135)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool.<init>(ConfigTool.java:12
4)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool.main(ConfigTool.java:1176
)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:331)
        at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81
)
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for use
r 'SAPSMPDB'.
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError
(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(Unknown So
urce)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(Unknown Source
)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(Unknown S
ource)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecu
te(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(Unkno
wn Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(Unknow
n Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.loginWithoutFailover
(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Sour
ce)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(Nativ
eConnectionFactory.java:215)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(Open
SQLDataSourceImpl.java:613)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQL
DataSourceImpl.java:290)
Pool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:322)
        ... 14 more

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Did you update the Secstore entry in your solution manager.

As the Jlaunch is unable to connect to DB its failing to start the java part.

Please find below error from your log:-

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for use

r 'SAPSMPDB'.

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError

(Unknown Source)

So request you to update the sesctore entry in your configtool for the schema password and it should work.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes, I made sure the password for SAPSMPDB was the same in both, Secure Store\Configtool and in the MS SQL Mgmt Studio.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

Please check your last post for similar issue.

Probably you forgot the solution which you found last time.

J2EE status info unavailable | SCN

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Actually, I just found the issue. (Note 1743072 ) The MS SQL server was set to Windows Authentication mode instead of SQL Server and Windows Auth mode. Java cannot connect this way.

Thanks all!

Diana

Answers (0)