cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available to Promise / Rescheduling

0 Kudos

Hi

We are running into a couple of issues with our setup in ATP.  In our current set up when we create sales order the ATP runs and checked the following

1) is there inventory - if so set the availability date based on this

2) is there an open PO - if so set the avail date based on this

3) Lead time - set based on this

the issue that we are running into is if our PO"s expected delivery date is longer than our lead time for that article.  In that case the ATP check looks at he lead time date to set the avail date.  Since our articles are specialty articles we cannot just send a new PO and receive it within the lead time

what we would like to do is the following

1) is there inventory - set based on this

2) is there an open PO (reguardless of the delivery date)

3) lead time (ONLY if NO PO exists)

thank you

we are currently on Retail SAP ECC 6.0 Linus, Oracle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Shouldn't your lead time be set long enough to handle any potential supply delays? If you can't trust your lead time, then even if you configure as you've described, when you create your order and there's no inventory or existing PO, it's going to set ATP using a lead time that may be too short, right?

Also, be sure you're handling if there's an existing PO but not enough quantity on the PO to fulfill the order, so an additional PO would need to be created and the lead time used. Here again, if an earlier PO has an expected delivery date farther off than the lead time, what good is your lead time doing you?

So if you have a sufficiently long lead time, you shouldn't have a PO with a longer expected delivery date and your config should be fine, right?

Please correct anything I'm misunderstanding: I may be missing something. Thanks!

Glenn

0 Kudos

Our lead times are normally correct - at times though our vendor has to delay a product for unforeseen issues with their incoming product.  This causes a delay for us then in receiving.    We normally only have 1 open PO with a vendor for any article at a time with about a 6-8 week lead time.  

Example

day 1 - PO created with delivery date of day 30

day 4 - vendor tells us delay to day 40

day 5 - SO is created- pull in avail date based on lead time (so 35) when we really can't get that product in until day 40

Ideal solution - SO would look a the open PO vs the lead time

If we were to change the lead time to 40 days on article master then if we created a 2nd PO it would have the vendor 40 days out for the delivery date when we want to tell them to get it to us in 30 days. 

Keeping track of then the articles that did get that short time of a long lead time would become a headache in that it would have to be a excel file offline trying to remember what we changed when, and when to change back, plus it would not put the correct delivery date on the PO if one were created during that longer lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I wasn't able to find a way to override the replenishment lead time (RLT). I think you'll either need to temporarily change the RLT for the material(s) or turn off using it in availability checks.

I understand what you're saying about it being a headache to track and change back, but I think you'll end up safer changing the RLT as needed, as your delivery date calculations will be correct (and less complicated). I'd suggest adding an automatic reminder on your calendar for switching back the RLT or for checking with the vendor for an updated lead time.

Hope this helps. Have a nice week!

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

not sure if you already got this resolved, how about if you changed the date on your PO to reflect the delay. should this resolve your ATP issue?

Regards,

Tarek

0 Kudos

that is what we are doing, but it is pulling from the lead time not the PO since it is past the number of days that the lead time is