cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSIGNMENT OF ONE EBP USER TO MULTIPLE P.GRPS IN SRM ORG STRUCTURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are a leading Steel PSU in India and recently gone live with ECC 6.0 + SRM 7.0 with all latest EHPs.

While we are ok with ECC, SRM is still a learning. I request SCN to help me in SRM Org structure part.

We have only one company code and 5 P.orgs. The Buyer group is identified as Org element as P.Grps.

However, it is a business requirement that one EBP user may be responsible for multiple P.Grps.

It is requested that the process of  assignment of one EBP user to multiple P.Grps  in Org structure may please be narrated.. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

If your need is cross company purchasing can you try the below approach .

1.Create company A in the org structure.

2.Create a Purchase organization X  under A.

3.Create a purchasing group under the purchase org X.

4.Assign the buyer 1 under the purchasing group.

5.Create company B in the org structure.

6.Create a purchase organization Y under B.

7. Now, assign the org unit ID corresponding to the purchase organization Y under the responsibility of the purchasing group to which the buyer 1 belongs.

8. Now, the buyer 1 will be able to do purchasing for purchase org X and Y belonging to the different companies A and B.

Cross company purchases in SRM 7.0 | SCN

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As mentioned by Raghu in the earlier post, you cannot have an EBP user assigned to multiple organizational structure.

You can assign the user's position under the purchasing group responsibility as shown below.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

One user cannot be assigned to multiple P.Grps in the SRM org. structure.

You can have a P.Grp responsible for multiple departments and have a centralized purchasing but the assignment of single user to multiple P.Grps is not possible.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Br,

Raghu