SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPY1 and ACH file generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in need to execute FPY1 and generate the outgoing file in ACH format.

The FPY1 is successful but I am running SAPFKPY3 to generate the file, it errors out saying "No payment medium created".

Our requirement is to generate plain ACH file. No smartform or sap script etc.

Any pointers on what am I missing?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to define you payment medium format in SPRO->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable & Payable->Program Enhancement->Define Payment medium formats.  Usually we do create a custom payment medium format and customize the events 20&30&40 to change the header, transaction and the trailer records of the file that we send out to the bank.  However you can use the stand ACH payment medium format, which has the code for FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_20, 30 & 40 available.

You now will have to create a variant for program SAPFKPY3 where in you have to pass the payment medium format, define the print parameters and pass a LOGICAL file name to the File Name(for DME) field and check the OUTPUT TO FILE SYSTEM set. Save the variant.

when you run FPY1 go to environment and select payment medium.  There you will have to pass the variant you just created for SAPFKPY3. This should help you create the payment medium file.

0 Kudos

I do have the following attached configuration in the SPRO.

To start with, I intend to generate basic standard file. Without any extra logic or validations.

The error still exist.

0 Kudos

Have you assigned the payment medium to the paying company code

spro-financial accounting-contract accounts receivable and payable-business transactions-incoming/outgoing payment creation-define specifications for paying company code. In this config you will have to set the payment medium formats in company code.

0 Kudos

Yes it it..

Also payment medium formats are specified.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers so far.

I think I am one step ahead.

I can run FPY1 and the job log says :

08/25/2015 13:37:38 Job started

08/25/2015 13:37:38 Step 001 started (program RFKK_MASS_ACT_SINGLE_JOB, variant &0000000003980, user ID

08/25/2015 13:37:39 Payment media scheduled

08/25/2015 13:37:39 Job finished

Now how do I execute this scheduled payment?

I do not see anything in scheduled jobs.

0 Kudos

So based on your settings in program SAPFKPY3, the file should have been created in the folder specified by you logic file path. Alternative you can go to your FPY1 run and then click on environment->dme administration and see the total amount and also you can click Exported Icon next to your payment medium format and see the physical file location and the open documents.