cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCS installation steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

I am doing a new HA implementation of SAP ABAP on Unix. We are using HANA as the database and it comes as an appliance with HA configured, so I am only concerned about the Application server HA. We will be using Solaris cluster  to configure HA on ASCS.  I have been trying to understand the filesystem/mounts layout for the ASCS instance. Hera are my questions:

1. Do I need to install HANA client on the ASCS or CI or both?

2. Do I create /sapmnt and /usr/sap/trans locally on ASCS and mount it on the CI?  or vice versa?

3. Do I need to mount /usr/sap or /usr/sap/<SID> from CI to ASCS or vice versa? Or these mounts are separate & local to ASCS and CI?

4. Do I install SMD on ASCS too?

5. Do I install host agent on ASCS?

Can you please clarify the above questions and if possible, provide me the local filesystem layout and the NFS mounts that need to exist for the HA setup

I have referred all the installation guides with no clarity on these questions. Please do not refer me to those guides.

Thanks!

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

All questions are answered by the installation guides.

Anyway:

1. The installation tool will do this automatically wherever it is needed. But the ASCS does not connect to the database. So, no need to install the HANA client at the ASCS;
  2. Create it at the ASCS, as part of the cluster resources, and export it to / mount it at the CI and other dialog instances;
  3. No.
  4. I'm not sure about this one...
  5. Yes.

The filesystem layout is at the installation guides. There is even a nice picture with arrows indicating what is mounted where.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Isaias for the quick response! Based on your response these are the mounts I would be creating:

ASCS:

/sapmnt

/usr/sap/trans

/usr/sap

/usr/sap/hostctrl

CI:

NFS: /sapmnt

NFS: /usr/sap/trans

/usr/sap

/usr/sap/hostctrl

/usr/sap/<SAPSID>/hdbclient

/usr/sap/<DAA_SID>

Is there anything else I need to be mounting from the CI to the ASCS?

Thanks!
Veera

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

From what I can recall, only "/sapmnt" and "/usr/sap/trans" have to be mounted from ASCS to other instances (and not the other way around as you have mentioned in your previous reply ).

Regards,

Isaías

Answers (0)