cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS 4.2 Sizing Guidelines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

We are planning to install BODS4.2 SP5 in our application landscape. Please can you suggest in case SAP gives any specific guidelines from infrastructure sizing perspective.

Regards.

Shaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shazin,

Please check below sap note for your questions

1529882 - Is there a sizing guide available for Data Services

also check

BR

AKJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul.

Thanks for the same. The problem here is I am not able to see the minimum infra requirements for BODS 4.2 in the PAM. Am I doing something wrong or they are no more available?

Regards.

Shaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the installation guides? That has pretty decent information on infra requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is for Web Applications but not able to find minimum RAM etc requirements for BODS app.

Regards.

Shaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you read through the PAM? Here's what i got from PAM -

Single machine The following are total requirements to install all BI/IPS and Data Services products in one system:

Minimum Hardware Requirements

o

4 processors (or 2 dual core processors) with minimum 2 GHz recommended

o

16-18 GB RAM Recommended

Disk Space Requirements (not including Operating System)

o

20 GB for default installation with English language only installed

o

23 GB for default installation with all languages For Deployment: Please refer to the BI4 Sizing Companion Guide, located at www.sap.com/bisizing and also your SAP representative. Distributed Landscape Note: you must plan the hardware requirements to install Data Services and its dependencies as specified in each Data Services component. Windows/Linux support is limited strictly to Intel/AMD chipsets. SAP Data Services software for Windows/Linux is not warranted or supported for use on other chipsets. The application is supported running on 64-bit versions of Windows/Linux running on x64 CPUs made by AMD and Intel. BI/IPS and DS components can be distributed on different landscapes; the following information describes the minimum hardware requirements: SAP BusinessObjects BI: For the minimum hardware requirement of BI, refer to the BI PAM. Go to http://service.sap.com/PAM and use the search term “SBOP BI Platform”. For Deployment: Please refer to the BI4 Sizing Companion Guide, located at www.sap.com/bisizing and also your SAP representative. SAP BusinessObjects Information Platform Services (IPS) For Deployment: Please refer to the Information Platform Services Installation Guide for Windows, Information Platform Services Installation Guide for UNIX, and also your SAP representative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

In that case I am definitely missing something. Please find attached the screenshot of the PAM that I am able to see. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Shaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh.. got that after looking around.

Cheers.

Shaz

Answers (0)