Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Case for PO 7.4

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

We have a PI 7.31 Dual Stack - and we are happy

there is a need to consolidate one of our other PI system which is on 7.11 (also a dual stack -)

Considering that BPM is not in our interest (we have a seperate BPM landscape and for reasons that cannot be shared here - we want to keep BPM and PI seperate ). Also performance is not a concern - (PO seems to have performance as one of its pros due to reduced persistency) - Is there any other strong justification that we could use to make  a business case to go with a new PO 7.4 instead of merging oru 7.11 into 7.31 dual stack?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>a business case to go with a new PO 7.4 instead of merging oru 7.11 into 7.31 dual stack?

7.31 is more or less similar to 7.4 i.e. 7.31 - 5 <<n>>SP = 7.4 <<n>> SP in additional to the fact that 7.4 is optimized to use HANA as back end database.

in addition, PO is nothing but a combination of three different solutions offered by SAP.

PI(single/dual stack) + BPM + BRM.

not required to install all of them on the single(same) SID.

Currently your licensing type might be be different(paying individually) but you already have got two solution offered by SAP.

So when you say upgrade/migrating to PO, for me it sounds like changing the licensing type(of course you'll get an additional product BRM in your bag) than anything else.

If you want to make use of PO licencing then you should contact SAP sales rep who can guide you with advantages/possibilities.

If you are talking about the advantages of migrating from dual stack to single stack then there are several discussion on SCN on this topic. Please search.

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

I understand that PO 7.4 is having say 95% of the same functionality as PI 7.31 dual stack. Do you see any significant cost benefit with the PO licensing approach in comparision to having a PI + BPM as seperate landscape? is that the business justification you propose?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Do you see any significant cost benefit with the PO licensing approach in comparision to having a PI + BPM as seperate landscape? is that the business justification you propose?

It depends. I'm not sure if you benefit or not as licensing is something specific to customer.

But at the same time i don't find any big driving factors.