cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive data from MII into SAP through a RFC call (in ABAP)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm starting to explore MII communication with SAP, and I was already capable of push (IDOC) and pull (RFC) information from SAP to MII and treat the information in workbench transactions on MII. I also was able to call a BAPI in MII BLS transctions, through JCO Functions, and change information on master data (e.g. changing MRP Controller for a given material).

But now I was searching how could I call a RFC in ABAP asking for data from MII (stored in persistent MDOs) and receive this data through parameters so I could treat it inside my ABAP program, and I'm not finding any useful information.

I am able create the function and insert the exporting parameters that will get to MII. I just don't know how to configure the workbench transaction so it can send the data, and the ABAP function so it can receive it.

Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance,
Tiago Cardoso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like this functionality was implemented in version 15 sp03. If you read thru the help docs on the message listener the configuration steps are discussed.

Message Listener Help 15 sp 03

Might be worth a blog.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Christian,

So I visited the link you pointed out, and now I configured a new message listener, of type XMIISRFC. I did it cause this kind of message listener let me choose input and output parameters when I choose to execute a transaction in message processing rules.

On MII side I had already figured it out, and I can access the input of XML, that is also the exporting parameters of the function that I called in ABAP with MII as destination (everything ok so far). The bls transaction is executed on MII and I get the XML I chose as the output of the transaction. The trouble comes when I try to get the values of this output into abap, i.e. into the importing parameters.

Do I have to link the output XML of bls transaction with the importing parameters of the function I called on ABAP side in any other way, or do I have to transform the XML into a character type recognized by ABAP? Or anything else...?

Thanks.

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Tiago, I do not have access to a box at that patch level yet. The only advice I can give is make sure your outputXML is an Output parameter type and also make sure your xml format is correct. I imagine it should match whatever format the JCo action block generates for the RFC. From there I would start looking at the RFC traces and Netweaver logs etc for any clues.

Regards,
Christian