Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceeded error during PGI

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

This is a case of MTO, where we have budget exceed problem during PGI. Let me explain the process 1st what we have done so far.

WBS  element is budgeted with suppose say 50000 INR. Out of which 40000 INR for RM and 10000 INR as an activity cost. We are following project MRP run, through which PRs generated for all the RM and follow the subsequent process like PO -> GR and GI with 261 Q.

Production order was also generated through that MRP. So the WBS consumed budget of 40000 INR for RM. Now we confirm the operations in production and the GR posted for FG with wbs assigned stock. Sale order is also account assigned to wbs element. Against that SO, we create the obd. Now against the obd when we are going do PGI and at that time system throws error of budget exceeded.

After analysis, we found system is behaving correctly as the RM still holds the budget.

As one can not ask user to allocate budget both for RM and FG as RM is a part of FG, so should I have to settle the RM value to somewhere else and then do the PGI. Again I think, this should not be a standard process.

Can any one help me on this? What is the standard process in SAP?

Thanks in advance,

BBR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the screen shot of the error message or message number

G. Lakshmipathi

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message no. BP603

Can you please tell me the standard process what SAP suggests?

Thanks

BBR

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 154913 - G/L accnt posting:avail.control called up incrrctly
  • Note 205058 - Wrong assignd value after reassigning order/network
  • Note 1138785 - Order w/ avail. control in obj. crcy: Incorr. assigned value

G. Lakshmipathi

soubhagya_rout
Participant