Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity to HTTPS url using HTTP_AAE adapter

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can we connect to HTTPS url using HTTP_AAE adapter?

Usage of SSL certificates is mandatory?

I am getting below error while connecting to HTTPS url.

ERROR_SENDING_HTTP_REQUEST-Message Processing Failed. Reason : java.net.SocketException: Connection reset:::::

Please share your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Pavan T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Please check the below thread, if this answers your query.

Thanks,

Satanik

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

AFAIK you need to have a certificate installed. You can think that you can browse on a browser on internet on https without certificate but the reason is it can be self signed but it is necessary to secure the communication.

Regards.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the response, The url which i am trying to connect  was with in our client network. I can access that url from my desktop. when tried with HTTP_AAE adapter i am connecting iam getting the error which i mentioned in my first post.

Do we really need to use SSL ? to establish the connectivity?

Thanks,

Pavan T

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I said, per my knowledge, it is necessary and the exception is raised because the endpoint reject the connection because it can't to deal with a connection not secured.

I don't know if there is any way to take the certificate self signed in the communication, but in any way, transparently or directly, PI will need the certificate. May be any SCN member know any way to indicate how to take the certificate from the endpoint or similar approach.

Regard.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Do we really need to use SSL ? to establish the connectivity?

Yes. You must.

To enable an HTTPS connection, two steps are required:

1.  Both parties of an HTTP connection (that is, the HTTPS client and the HTTPS server) must be technically enabled

Reference : HTTP and SSL - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

You can go through the blog shared by Santanik for configuration and sample scenario.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>May be any SCN member know any way to indicate how to take the certificate from the endpoint or similar approach

I was always lucky to get them using XPI inspector. So you might want to use it.