cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire Custom fields via CTI Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

In our project we have a Customer Service Management scenario, with the integration between a third party/legacy CTI environment and a Cloud for Customer solution. In this CTI->C4C integration we may need to pass to C4C a subset of custom information available in the CTI.

Via the CTI Client Adapter simulation tool, we noticed that the inbound call can pass a set of Custom fields as URL parameters. We show a picture of those fields in the simulation tool here below, and how those fields propagate in the Live Activity Pane:

Is there any way to reuse those field and information in any additional content we can embed in the Live Activity Pane (such as a Calculated Field or a HTML/URL Mashup)?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Kind regards,
Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kinsbrunner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Davide,

My understanding is the following: if you have already got the values on specific C4C custom fields, you should get into Adaptation mode and see whether you can extend the functionality by means of making field available on other screens but also on calculated fields.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards.

Alejandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

well our question is actually a step further to enabling the Custom fields in the Adaptation mode.

At the moment, we are able to see those fields in the Live Activity Pane, but we would like to figure out if the value of the Custom fields can be stored anywhere in the Activity Business Object, or reused anywhere in the solution, in a way that they can be used to trigger follow-up custom functionalities (such as a URL Mashup or a Workflow Rule). Is that possible?

Kind regards,

Davide

0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently it not stored anywhere. However there is a PDI Enhancement Exit which could influence the persistence of custom fields.

Regards, Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thank you! We checked where you told us, and we found two PDI Enhancement Exits (CTICallWrap-upActions and CTICustomerSearch) which actually make the CTI Custom fields available in the PDI Business Logic, as we show in the picture here below:

Now we are figuring out if we can trigger any action (or store the field value) in our custom solution. Any suggestion?

Kind regards,

Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I followed your hint here and, as I mentioned you earlier, we have been able to develop in the end a working solution for storing the CTI Customer extension fields in the C4C database.

Since the Solution made use of the SDK environment, I published the full How-To on the SAP Cloud Application Studio space, at the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/message/16207718#16207718

Please let us know your observations about it.

Cheers,

Davide

Answers (0)