cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send billing document with simle mail

0 Kudos

Hello.

We want to send billing documents with simple mail (medium 7).

In customizing (TCode V/40) SAP has no entry for that medium.

Does anyone know if there exists a standard print program an form routine for that?

Best Regards

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Pls follow below steps.I had the same issue and while searching got these steps earlier.It helps me.

Have a look if it helps you as well.You also need help from Basis team to step up some configurations.

1. Email out of SAP is working in general, You can send emails to external addresses out of the business working place.

When I go to SCOT, there is a node "INT", that has a subnode "SMTP". When I do a double click on SMTP, the SMTP connection data are correct. For supported address types, we have selected "Internet" and set the output format for SAPscript to "PDF".

2. Maintain a new output type , say ZCIE in V/40 (Application V3).

The access sequence is "0004" - Sales Organization/Customer.

Transmission medium is "external send", Partner function is "BP".

As processing routines, I have the Program RLB_INVOICE (RVADIN01), Form routing is ENTRY, and for the Form, I just use the form we also use for printing invoices out.

3. As communication type, create a type with the communication method INT.

4. In VV32, I've setup a new condition type for the "Bill to Party" with Medium 5 and Date/Time: 4, and importantly put communication method as INT.

5. Maintain the email address for the affected customer in VD02

6. Now I go to VF02 and add the new output type ZFAK. Then I go to "Billing document" - "Issue" and select the new output type and hit the PRINT button.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hello.

You describes the implementation for medium "5" (external send) but we want tu use medium "7" simple mail. I customized it with your Programm and got an error: "Communication type cannot be used.".

Any idea?

Best Regards

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Please check are you using the correct communication type and  check the output setting in the transaction NACE.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello.

We have a communication strategy added to the messge type which has INT inside.

But it doesn't work. My opiniion is that the printing program is the wrong one.

Best Regards

Gerhard

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Output Management