cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CREATED DB does not appear in SAP IQ Cockpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

For business requierements we had to create a 2nd DB in our IQ server. We did it through the CREATE DATABASE statement from the Interactive SQL client in the same server.

The DB was properly created and is up and running right now. However, the problem is we cannot see this NEW DB from the SAP IQ Cockpit Agent... We are only able to manage the OLD DB. I understand we should be able to manage both... right?

Any help/input would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Pau

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pau,

Is the new IQ database server started with "-sb" parameter?

Have you tried restarting IQ cockpit and refresh the cockpit web page ?

Regards,

Tayeb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tayeb,

No, the server is not started with the -sb parameter. I see it sets the broadcast level.

As clarification, I just created a new Database in the same original IQ server (with CREATE statement), I did not create a new server. Can I have several databases on this same IQ server?

Regards,

Pau

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Although it is technically possible, SAP does recommend SINGLE database per IQ server.

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For the new database, you need start a dedicated IQ instance (server) with its own properties and resources : instance name, port number, max threads, buffer caches, etc.

Also for best resources management, it is recommended single IQ instance per machine in Production environement.

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Most likely IQ Cockpit only sees one database (the first) in a server.  This is the default behavior when you connect to a SQLAnywhere-based server.

If jConnect is being used by IQ Cockpit to connect to the IQ server, then the default connection URL will automatically connect to the first database started in the server.

To connect to another database in the same server requires the addition of the '?SERVICENAME=<dbname>' parameter to the connection URL.  As databases even in the same IQ/SQLAnywhere server are separate and distinct, this would require some additional work to discover the second database to even construct the URL extension.  As the recommendation is to only run one database per IQ server instance, I doubt this is done for IQ Cockpit.

I would suggest sticking with the rules and only run 1 database per IQ instance.  As you can use the utility database (empty server) or an existing server to create the database (as you have done), you already have your database.

All you really need to do now is shut down the existing server and start 2 servers, each running the separate databases and on different ports with different names (use another .cfg file).  Adjust resource parameters accordingly.

After that IQ Cockpit should see both servers/databases.

Chris

Answers (0)