Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 SP03 user access

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just installed personas 2 on our solman system and have it working with both solman and a dev erp system.

Is there a way of assigning users who do not have a userid on solman?  I want personas installed centrally hence why I've installed on solman but I don't want to have to add all users to solman simply to use personas.

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All personas also have to be regular users of the backend system. There's no way around that.

By the way, this "hub" architecture for Personas, with a central Personas installation accessing multiple backend systems, doesn't exist in Personas 3. Don't build your architecture too closely around that concept - it will go away when you upgrade.

Steve.

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

That's a real shame as I don't want to be creating new users on Solution Manager that won't actually be using Solution Manager.

Never mind.

Thanks

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since Personas access permissions are based on a user, you can't avoid the need to create a userid, I'm afraid. And as I said, in Personas 3 you'll install personas in each system anyway and the users will all have userids in those systems by definition.

Steve.

Answers (0)