Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Sender Channel Delay

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi together,

i have just one simple question. We have a SFTP to FTP Scenario, an when SFTP channel starts polling the Directory, we have a delay of 3 - 5 minutes after starting the channel until the channel starts with the first file. Do you have an idea what the reason is? How can I avoid this? I want the channel starting with the first file immediately after starting the channel itself.

Maybe you have a solution for me

Thank you very much already.

Regards Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Pls check what is the polling interval you have specified in the SFTP Channel

Also check if there is any Wait Interval specified for Modification Check in Processing Tab

Regards,

Azhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies. We have changed the polling Interval already to 10 seconds. The Interval for modification check is 100 mSecs.

But there is no Impact in changing the values. We always have to wait a few minutes after starting the channel until the first file is fetched.

The channel is started externally. Any other idea? Google or SAP incident search doesn't help me out.

Regards Martin

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

i am not sure SFTP Adapter why that polling not working based on Polling.

but this may help you https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

here same situation for File, mail and JDBC. please check

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ah this is a good hint. We will try this and give you Feedback

Thank you yery much.

Regards Martin

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

sorry but our administrator recognized that we already have this patch in our system with SAP PI 7.40. 😕

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

then, can you please raise OSS note and update the thing here

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

SFTP channel runs depends on POLL Option, by defauly is 60 sec and minimum is 10 sec.

Configuring the SFTP Sender Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, secure connectivity add-on ...

you can handle with that poll option.

BR,

Maheswarareddy