cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am very new to SAP Technologies group and I am an Individual Contributor.

I have been searching for "SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.3" or the latest version from past one month I am still not able to find the exact one(exe file), previously I had posted this query on the discussion question but it was marked has rejected.

However, I got few links to download but it was not helpful. My request is to please post the link from where I can download so that It saves a lot of my time.

Thanks in advance,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinaya,

You can find the NWDS download (which is a .ZIP file, not a .exe as it doesn't install) by going to serivce.sap.com/swdc and then navigating through to the correct area for SAP Netweaver.

However to do this you will need an account to gain access - do you have one?

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

Yes I have S account access.

Thank You,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, follow this navigation path:

Documentation -> N -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.3 - this will get you to the master list of all NetWeaver 7.3 documentation.  From here:

Go to the "Additional Installation Information" entry and open it in your chosen language.  Scroll to the bottom of that page and expand the "4 - Installation - Clients" section and you should see a link to a .pdf document called "Inst. & Update - SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.3/7.3 EHP1"

This document will walk you through the installation, as well as linking to the download sources.

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Let me check it quickly...I cant wait.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

I followed your and the document instructions to install SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.3.

I was successfully able to download the application from the portal but while installing found many issues, one of them initially occurred is ("error 0x80010135: Path too long") then I renamed the downloaded wizip app file name so, I was able to overcome that error.

I am still facing some more issues not able to completely install so I am trying to download it again and install from start.

Moreover, this is just few updates to let know what's going around.

Thank You,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It downloads as a .zip file and you don't install it as such, just expand it from the ZIP file.  It does contain a lot of nested folders though, so the best thing to do is expand it into a folder such as "C:\NWDS" - that way you can avoid the path too long issue.

Otherwise, it should be a straightforward case of expanding the zip, launching the eclipse.exe file and choosing your workspace folder.

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G, Sorry for the delay since I was not able to install the SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio so, I was experimenting in serval different ways. As per your advice now I was able to download the Sap Netweaver Developer Studio application directly to C drive and I did not come across any (name too long) issues/error. Now the problem is I am not able to run the [SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe] file. I also tried to Run as administrator option but even that doesn’t work so I right clicked on the exe file. I have installed the latest JDK (Windows x86 180.82 MB  jdk-8u60-windows-i586.exe) from this link (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html) and the Java Environment check is also done but still its unsuccessful not able to Run the [SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe] file. I searched in google/SCN community but found nothing and there was no errors at this time. Do you have any additional suggestions/thoughts for me? Please advice. Thanks You, Vinay

Answers (0)