cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key field value mandatory in FCC for complex structure?

umesh_badveli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario in PI, where I have 1 Header, 1 transactional,1 vendor item, 1 account item details in the source file. This data is coming in CSV format.

I am using FCC to convert CSV into XML

where the problem is data coming from source has no key field value then how to maintain the fcc parameters in sender side ?

I have no clue, if this can be converted into XML through FCC.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

where the problem is data coming from source has no key field value then how to maintain the fcc parameters in sender side ?

If there is not key filed value and the number of the occurrences of vendor, account and customer can be variable, there is no way to FCC to know when a file line belongs to one side or another one.

AFAIK The only way is to take vendor, account and customer like the same registers and later in mapping level do the split. You could do this split asking in the mapping: if the third field is blank, it is a vendor field, if not then  if the fourth field is blank is a customer field and so on.

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I have a scenario in PI, where I have 1 Header, 1 transactional,1 vendor item, 1 account item details in the source file

>>> Are all these 4 Segment coming only once in your Source File...can you share snapshot / data of the file for clear understanding

Is there any hierarchy in each of the fields? Pls note standard FCC cannot handle more than 3 level of hierarchy

Regards,
Azhar

umesh_badveli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar

Till now they are not provided any text data and based on TSD I created DT please check the attachment and give the possible answers

Regards

Umesh