cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW using IDoc, HRMD_A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used IDoc (HRMD_A) for uploading IT1001, creating a link between O and cost center (K). I only specified three segments of IDOC (two were required and one is IT1001), none of which is IT0003. My problems are changes in IT0003. After the IDoc is processed I can see that some fields in PA0003 are changed. I do not want that. I only need to create a connection between O and K and it works fine.

Have anyone ever encountered this particular problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create/update relationship between O and K, SAP would update cost center on employee’s infotype 0001. This is standard system behavior that ensures OM is in sync with PA. Further, cost center is typically a retroactive sensitive field and any changes to it would update fields on infotype 0003. You can check field specific retroactive settings in table T588G.

Bottom line, what you’re seeing is standard behavior.

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. The interesting observation is that this particular problem only arises when I create O-K relationship via IDOC (through LSMW). On the other hand, if I use batch input recording (again, through LSMW) this does not result in IT0003 changes. All thing being equal, I would prefer IDOC, because it works much more smoothly. Butch-input is more cumbersome and not that fast. So the question is if this is standard behavior, why no change in IT0003 while using batch-input?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you update OM data via batch input, corresponding PA changes are not updated immediately. You need to run report RHINTE30 that would create a batch session and then process that batch session.

When you update OM data via manual changes or IDocs, those changes are classified as “online mode” and corresponding PA changes may/may not update immediately. Switch PLOGI/PRELU in table T77S0 determines system behavior in this case.

SAP documentation on this topic is pretty good. I suggest you call report RHINTE30 and go through the help documentation. Specifically, you are looking for section - Parameter "Only open personnel numbers" which has a link to the documentation for formpool SAPFHPIN. In that look for section – 8. Batch input point b.

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nikolay,

If you perform one time data migration exercise, then you can temproraly switch off change pointers generation (quite risky btw.) and transfer infotype 1001 via tcode PFAL when update finished.

The other possible option is to exclude IT0003 from data transfer via tcode BD64, but again be very carefull.

To recommend you something particular it is needed to know business case on which you are working on.

Regards,

Andrey