cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.1 SP06 on Windows with Oracle [INS00104]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been searching for a solution but so far each result from SCN searches doesn't quite match my situation or it provides a solution I seem to have already covered. Posting here hoping to get some help with the latest version of Business Objects 4.1 SP06.

Right now I am doing the initial installation of BOBJ 4.1 SP06 on a Windows 2008 R2 system (64-bit O/S). The database for the CMS is on another host and it is running Oracle 12c. The 64-bit version of the Oracle Client was downloaded from Oracle and installed using the Administrator option.

During the installation of BOBJ, when entering the CMS information to connect to the database, I am getting the following error:

Error:

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "BOPWDEV.WORLD". Reason: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

(FWB 00090)

The system cannot verify the database logon information.

[INS00104]

Would you like to correct it?

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?

Here's what I've done for troubleshooting so far:

- connecting to the database using tnsping works

- using sqlplus to connect to BOPWDEV works (i.e. username and password works)

- using SQL Developer Tool to connect to the database works, and I can freely create/drop tables (i.e. no access/authorization issues)

- creating User or System DSN to create connection to database is successful in Microsoft ODBC Administrator

- probably unecessary, but created the environment variable ORACLE_HOME to point to the installation directory of the Oracle client

- C:\Users\<my user>\.businessobjects\logging contains log files that add a new file every time the error appears

Logfile contents:

FILE_TYPE:DAAA96DE-B0FB-4c6e-AF7B-A445F5BF9BE2

ENCODING:UTF-8

RECORD_SEPARATOR:30

COLUMN_SEPARATOR:124

ESC_CHARACTER:27

COLUMNS:Location|Guid|Time|Tzone|Trace|Log|Importance|Severity|Exception|DeviceName|ProcessID|ThreadID|ThreadName|ScopeTag|MajorTick|MinorTick|MajorDepth|MinorDepth|RootName|RootID|CallerName|CallerID|CalleeName|CalleeID|ActionID|DSRRootContextID|DSRTransaction|DSRConnection|DSRCounter|User|ArchitectComponent|DeveloperComponent|Administrator|Unit|CSNComponent|Text

SEVERITY_MAP: |None| |Success|W|Warning|E|Error|A|Assertion

HEADER_END

.\OracleDatabase.cpp:119:-: TraceLog message 1

|83ab918d-38c2-cc74-2b79-f98ee9c3200b|2015 08 24 22:28:47:126|-0500|Error| |>>|E| |dbcheck| 2936|3040|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\OracleDatabase.cpp:119). (0 : Programmer error: OCI_INVALID_HANDLE).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We were able to resolve this issue ourselves. In the installer, we had the TNS entry listed as uppercase. Once we changed the value to lower case, we were able to continue with the install. (I feel like I've seen this before with other Oracle troubleshooting but I can't figure out where...)

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions for troubleshooting!

Regards,

Doug

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied - this comes from Oracle, so check oracle logs for any additional information.

0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have any special characters in our password? If yes please remove them and retry.

Use only upper case, lower case and numbers.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

I agree with what Sebastian posted above.  Additionally, I would like to ask what is the length of the password that you' re using. Finally, can you upload the compressed installation log?

Regards,

ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

The password is 7 characters in length, all lower case with one number.

Hi Ilias,

Do you know where I can find the compressed installation log?

Thanks,

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

The installation logs are located in:

<SAP BO Installation Directory>\InstallData\logs\<timestamp>\setupengine.log

Get the latest one & compress it.

Can you set a bigger password for Oracle users (BO repository & auditing) and re-run the installation? (e.g. 10 characters)

Thanks,

ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

I will talk to the DBA about assigning a longer password.

Unfortunately the installation has not reached the point where it has created the SAP BO Installation Directory.

To provide a bit of context, I am at the initial installation steps and am still entering the installation parameters. When I enter the CMS info, I get a login error.

Regards,

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

In this case you should consider the reply from Denis, that is related with analyzing the information collected in Oracles' log files.

Regards,

ilias