cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration - Language - How to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Im planning on upgrading from my iSeries V5R2 DB2 (4.6C) into our new server (V5R4 - ECC 6upgr), but there's some notes in upgrading guide that are still unclear to me, hope you can spend a little of your time on answering this (a reward will be given, dont worry).Here are the questions:

1) If I do a homogeneous copy from my old server to the new one, do I need to downgrade first my new server with same environment as the old one (eg. same DB level) and if so, is there any sapnotes that I can refer to?

2)The old server are using EBCDIC (this is character using on keyboard I assume) char language.During upgrade process, do I need to convert it to ASCII since our company are using U.S character or will there be any different if I just continue using EBCDIC and upgrade it to ECC 6.0?

Many thanks in returns.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hazrienne,

Sounds like a fun project!

1) Don't downgrade from V5R4 to V5R2. (In fact I don't think it is feasiable at all.) Homogeneous copy with latest kernel certified with V5R4 at least. Check Note 853564 and IBM InfoApar 14125, etc.

2) You have to convert EBCDIC to ASCII on 4.6C first, then upgrade to ECC 6.0. (ECC 6.0 doesn't run on EBCDIC)

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (0)