cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the "Total" of all Customers in Bex query with Condition for displaying Top 10 Customers

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in which in a query i am displaying the top 10 Customers in columns. But as per the customer's requirement i have to display the Total values of the key figures in a seperate column irrespective of the top 10 being displayed.

For example if i am having 50 customers i am right now displaying the top 10 Customers for various key figures like Material cost; Revenue; volume etc which are in rows and these are Restricted Key figures.

The output of the query depends on multiple selection parameters like Scenario; Different Channel values; Different Segment values; Year and period selection as well and hence depending on the selection made the query has to dynamically give the output.

Kindly help me in a way so that i can get the TOTAL of Key figures of all the customers irrespective of the Top 10 customers being displayed in the same query .

Your valuable inputs would be appreciated.

Regards

Naveen Chand Yalamanchili

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

In your query activate the result line for your customer . if you have put condition for Top 10 customers the result value will give you the total value for all the customers put together. Conditions doesn't impact the result line

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

Yes now once i activated the Result line i am getting what i needed.

I have one more requirement in the same query to display the TOTAL of the OTHER customers which are not displayed in the query i.e., out of 50 if we are displaying Top 10 customers, I need the TOTAL of the rest of the 40 Customers in seperate column.

Is there any way to achieve this as well.

Regards

Naveen Y.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am also looking for the same thing displaying sumof top 10 in one column and sum of all 50 in other  column .

if you find the answer let me know please

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may open another thread for this question..

Regards,

Loed

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh & Loed,

If i activate the result line it will display the sum of the only 10 customers being displayed right??

One more issue is this query is a source for a cross tab in Design Studio hence i would need a physical dimension like a seperate keyfigure column for the TOTAL so that it can be accessed in Design Studio.

Regards

Naveen Yalamanchili

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

NO..Activating the RESULT line will give you the result of ALL the customers, not only the shown ones..

I think you didn't try what I suggested?

Please enumerate the methods you have tried already so as we will know what to do next..

Regards,

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new FORMULA and insert this equation..

FORMULA =SUMGT(YOUR_KEYFIGURE)

Regards,

Loed