Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a typical problem occurring in the system. Let me explain to you my development details and the problem.

I am creating notification through BAPI : BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE  and then Work Order linked to that notification with BAPI :

BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN .

Now after this i need to edit Zfield ( Customer Field ) in notification through FM which i am doing by enhancing structure BAPI_TE_QMEL and

calling the following BAPI in a sequence-->

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY   ( By populating Extensionin  Table only )

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE  ( By passing Notif Number )

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT .

The problem is when i execute the for a set of data i.e create notification  & work order and then modify the notification it does not work while

when i execute just to update the notification it works.

Could you please provide me any help in this Regard.

Best Regards,

Navin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT  with BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE also. Similarly BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN.

2 REPLIES 2

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT  with BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE also. Similarly BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN.

0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Thanks for your inputs.

I managed to update the custom field with BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE since some buffer tables internally were not allowing to update through BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY.

Thanks for your timely help sir.

Regards,

Navin.